Gaming An idea for the Minecrafters!

MoD1982

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
[NB: This is NOT a sign-up thread! I just know that someone will misread this and see it as one, but I'm just throwing an idea out there for you all somewhere you'll actually see it :p]

Just skirting through the first page alone for this subforum, the amount of guys and gals looking for a collab partner strikes me as amazing - either everybody's got different requirements or nobody's paying attention!

So here's my idea - let's get everyone in those threads asking for collab partners, and put ALL OF THEM together in a massive PVP-style contest(thinking either Hunger Games, UHC, etc) and watch the sparks fly.
C'mon my fellow Minecrafters, tell me this idea's epic. Someone needs to make it happen.
Or failing that y'know, take a look at the other threads and see if you can help each other out because a good 30-40% on the first page alone are MC-collabs...

uberdanger

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I'm already making a 500 man pvp rpg style server.

C

Caber

[NB: This is NOT a sign-up thread! I just know that someone will misread this and see it as one, but I'm just throwing an idea out there for you all somewhere you'll actually see it :p]

Just skirting through the first page alone for this subforum, the amount of guys and gals looking for a collab partner strikes me as amazing - either everybody's got different requirements or nobody's paying attention!

So here's my idea - let's get everyone in those threads asking for collab partners, and put ALL OF THEM together in a massive PVP-style contest(thinking either Hunger Games, UHC, etc) and watch the sparks fly.
C'mon my fellow Minecrafters, tell me this idea's epic. Someone needs to make it happen.
Or failing that y'know, take a look at the other threads and see if you can help each other out because a good 30-40% on the first page alone are MC-collabs...

Oh, the blood that would be shed... My diamond sword now hungers for this.

LucasGreen

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I have a minecraft server that we can do this on. If anyone is interested, ill make a new thread to organize it.

C

Caber

I have a minecraft server that we can do this on. If anyone is interested, ill make a new thread to organize it.

I'm quite interested, if we can get enough people in. But how would you prevent hackers?

MoD1982

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I'm quite interested, if we can get enough people in. But how would you prevent hackers?
Whitelisting, mostly. No opping anybody, set everyone in survival, and just hope everyone's decent enough to not use anything else that can't be disabled through the usual methods - in other words, trust. You can usually go through someone's channel to see if they'll fit in, and/or have a subscriber minimum.

What is your server btw? Is it rented, or on your computer?

Reactions: Watson690

LucasGreen

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I host a public server, i rent a dedicated server. and responding to the hacker issue,

Nocheat plus, alongside constant supervision

MoD1982

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I host a public server, i rent a dedicated server. and responding to the hacker issue,

Nocheat plus, alongside constant supervision
Yeah I forgot to quote your post before, sorry! XD Security sounds pretty much as good as you'll get :)

Reactions: Watson690