Am I not gonna see my money from Creative Nation?

Fusionade

Reaction score
I just came back to YouTube and made a very good amount of money this month (by my channel's standards, something around $300). I haven't been paid by them since March 2017 but I didn't care because it was like $8-$10 monthly, now I'm really worried I won't see this $300 because I'm still partnered with them. I plan on unlinking my channel and connecting with a new network, but can anyone tell me what might happen with this $300 I really need/want? Am I not gonna see it? :(

I understand that it looks like they no longer exist or something like that, or at least that's what everyone is saying, but it doesn't make sense to me that my YouTube channel would stay "linked" with them. If the company no longer exists, wouldn't it automatically unlink my channel since it's a nonexistent network? This whole thing confuses me and I really desperately want this money. Someone please explain the situation to me and what I might be able to do.

menix

3 Drunk men entering a taxi....
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Do you get less view per month? this effects that.
Also more and more people using ad block with blocks half of the ads, (Although I'm not sure it really effects)
You can contact your network and checkout what happened.
You may also create an adsense account instead of what your having now, unless it adsense which then you you contact them first.

Fusionade

Reaction score
Also more and more people using ad block with blocks half of the ads, (Although I'm not sure it really effects)
You may also create an adsense account instead of what your having now, unless it adsense which then you you contact them first.
The problem isn't with YouTube or the money made or whatever, it's with the network directly. Creative Nation is known to be late on payments and not even pay people at all, so I'm trying to find answers regarding what I may be able to do to get this money. And I can't contact them because they practically don't exist anymore and they're pretty bad for support too, anyway.

Brandon

VISUAL.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Just wondering if you actually read OP's post, because I'm not sure

OP - Here's an excerpt from a thread that Michael, YTTalk's administrator created that is discussing CNN. I cannot link it because I'm out of VIP for the moment, but with a quick Google search you can find it.

"Their main issue/con is paying on time, receiving a payment on time is as rare as an eclipse and unfortunately creators and businesses lose out every time this is the case. Please see the payments section of this thread for more information on my experience with payment issues over the course of a year and a half or so, there is quite the story to read there. If you don't care at all about receiving your payments on time then you may enjoy their other services which I mention in the features section in a little more detail. They are unreliable to say the least."

I have done a bit of research but I literally cannot find any link to this networks homepage, you are probably better off on that than I am since you joined it.. From the little research I did while typing this it seems they have a sort of support forum, that I assume has since been shut down since you claim the network doesn't exist? Try to find technical support contact. A Facebook page they manage, LinkedIn, anything. It is the responsibility of a MCN to release you from the Network. I am not sure why they have not done this if they do not exist anymore..

From what I've read, CN is notorious for late payments, and not even sending them at all. So my suggestion is, if you're able to and if it is important to you, to put legal pressure on them by hiring a lawyer... but I also realize not everyone has access to a lawyer.

---
I found these steps to unlink your YT channel from a Network, from Google support page. Let me know if this works:

1. Sign in to your channel.
  2. Go to Creator Studio > Channel > Status and Features
  3. Click Remove access (this button was previously named "Request to unlink").
  4. You'll see a pop-up screen indicating that MCN access will be removed within 30 days or less.
If you see your Networks name at youtube(dot)com(slash)features, but you do not see an unlink button, it means that you are a managed partner, meaning the content owner has to unlink you from the network from the Content Manager itself... which hopefully isn't the case, since it's apparently closed down. Yikes.

--

Good luck, this s**t sucks. In the future f**k networks. You don't need them anymore.

I'll do a bit of research and try to update this comment later if I find anything.

Last edited: