Am I Not Energetic Enough?

Stan Tse

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have a gaming channel: 6 videos, 100 views, 2 subs

Is that normal? Because I'm a bit worried about my growth. I have a very short average watch duration of 1 minute out of the whole 10 minute length, and I think it might be because I'm not energetic enough. I also have a several dislikes, although I do have some likes as well.

Is energeticness really important in gaming videos? How does it compare to having a facecam? If I'm not energetic, would lots of editing help?

MostShockingEP

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hi there, without paid promotion in saturated category like gaming videos, yes that completely normal.
On the other hand retention of only 1 minute is something to worry about! It basically means that viewers loose interest in your video only after 1 minute. So you need to apply some changes in that time to try to keep then longer.
Watch other gaming channel videos and learn from them, then try to implement it and experiment what works best :)

Hulio

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Honest question here, just curious... what kind of numbers were you hoping for after 2 weeks? I think the vast majority of channels haven't been discovered by many people after 2 weeks...

KidsCorner

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi there, without paid promotion in saturated category like gaming videos, yes that completely normal.
On the other hand retention of only 1 minute is something to worry about! It basically means that viewers loose interest in your video only after 1 minute. So you need to apply some changes in that time to try to keep then longer.
Watch other gaming channel videos and learn from them, then try to implement it and experiment what works best :)
True, but if family members and friends politely check out the videos in the beginning but are not interested in it, the retention will be bad too.

oscarflowers

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
energetic(ness?) isn't a good or bad thing, but if your title is energetic (e.g; in capitals, exclamation points etc) then you have to match that brand. if you have a gentler/calmer title with lowercase and short phrases you'll fit with the brand more. if you're not a high-energy person, don't fake it- make your channel catered towards a lowkey style.

in terms of the growth in 2 weeks, my channel has been posting for 3 weeks fairly consistently and has recently hit 100 subscribers, and has 640 views. my average view duration is 44 seconds, so i don't think that's something to really look at. your niche is saturated with content, whereas there are very few people who focus on plants, poetry and their own lives.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
I have a gaming channel: 6 videos, 100 views, 2 subs

Is that normal? Because I'm a bit worried about my growth. I have a very short average watch duration of 1 minute out of the whole 10 minute length, and I think it might be because I'm not energetic enough. I also have a several dislikes, although I do have some likes as well.

Is energeticness really important in gaming videos? How does it compare to having a facecam? If I'm not energetic, would lots of editing help?
Hi, welcome to YTtalk.

I've moved your thread to the review / feedback forum. :)

For future reference: - Please note that the review forum is the only forum where active YTtalk members can ask for feedback on their videos and channel (including artwork) at the rate of no more than 1 request per week. We like to keep this sort of thread out of the main forums. :) If the review request complies with the review forum rules (at the top of the review forum), then they get approved by a member of staff.

AprilGranelli

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Hey :)
I think it's more about finding the right game for you. I had a friend who played loads of different games and was uploading daily for a solid year before he found a way to expand his channel. He found that when he was playing age of shadows he would get tons of views, so he made more videos playing it. Eventually he ended up growing an audience through those videos :)
I would suggest sticking to it, listening to your audience and figuring out what your viewers want to see :)