ALWAYS respond to comments!

MrMauriceTL

Random Let's Play Gamer!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hey guys,

I am here to talk a little about how important it is to respond to comments on your videos! Today I had a comment from a viewer:

2 hours after my first respons on her comment, I recieved an e-mail that she actually subscribed to my channel. So this means she came back to read my comment and decided to watch more videos and even subscribe! That's a great way to build a connection with your (new) subscribers and I just wanted to share this strategy with you guys.

Does anyone experienced something like this aswell and what do you guys think about responding to comments? I respond to every single one, even the bad ones by thanking them for the view and taking the time to actually write a comment. :)

Switchbox

Give me your food
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer, Commentator, Other
I respond to most comments.
But if it's just a "nice" or something, I don't really have much to comment on xD

Or when someone comments on my video in portugese :O
But I found out he liked the video, so I thumbed up his comment.

Igo

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I always try to respond to any comment, i don't have a lot of them but still :)

petr_ind

Reaction score
Thank you for your share.
Now I am going to always respond to the comments.
I hope my channel will become more lively

ChrisFlix

Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
This is something I forget to do... but I dont know how effective it is

JoyfulCreativeGeek

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
This is something I still have to work on (especially for my older German channel).
Thanks for sharing this story here, this will motivate me to answer more comments.

MeLikeBigBoom

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Absolutely! I do my best to reply to as many comments as I can. Luckily with the new YouTube creator app it's easier than ever to reply to comments on the go. People are genuinely surprised to see me reply to their comments because they think that people with over 25k subscribers get too many comments to reply to. That's a lie, I may get lots of comments, but I watch Netflix all day XD

Replying to comments is a great way to create loyal subscribers, it doesn't take much time from you (what, like 6 seconds) and can mean the world to someone else. DO IT!

Bobby1234

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Yeah responding to comments is important. It shows that you support your subscribers.

Reactions: six cylinder

David Stoll

Not to be taken seriously
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger
Absolutely! I do my best to reply to as many comments as I can. Luckily with the new YouTube creator app it's easier than ever to reply to comments on the go. People are genuinely surprised to see me reply to their comments because they think that people with over 25k subscribers get too many comments to reply to. That's a lie, I may get lots of comments, but I watch Netflix all day XD

Replying to comments is a great way to create loyal subscribers, it doesn't take much time from you (what, like 6 seconds) and can mean the world to someone else. DO IT!
That is a great attitude. :) I have promised myself that if my channel ever gets big, I will respond to comments as long as humanly possible. Agreed, also, about the App. I now respond to comment on the go!

Reactions: MeLikeBigBoom
Reaction score
Channel Type
Ranter, Gamer, Commentator
A relative comment to any video is great to receive.

I make a point of replying to all as it makes the whole experience more connected for everyone. I'm trying to make valid comments on many videos I watch. I'm sure people appreciate it when new comments and activity appear on a video - particularly the smaller channels I lurk on! ;)