Always Park Your Name(s)

avilsd

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If you know you're going places, get all your usernames registered and parked even if you don't use the social media platforms. For example, I'm rather upset (okay not that much, I don't really use Tumblr but whatever) that someone took avilsd(dot)tumblr.com. Also someone took my Twitter handle, but it's from years ago and they aren't using it at all, so I'll probably contact Twitter with an attorney (it used to be much easier, but now they don't care unless you get legally involved or are a big company/person already) to get it.

If that fails though, I already have an OG username lined up that would work well with my content (Unfortunately it's $700 just for the name.. buttttt, I mean come on, it's kind of going to be as cool as Milo Y. having NERO (Which btw, I find hilarious that he was BANNED from Twitter and then did a FUNERAL march for his twitter handle)).

But anyways, I'm glad I was able to reserve Reddit, Instagram, and my own domain name. Yes, I went out and bought my own domain even though I don't plan to have a website up, yet.

I've got a side FB going, but also it'll be a bit of a problem with that. (Facebook is silly and had an error when I tried to do it a while back..)

So the main thing is just park your stuff (especially anything that's free) even if you're not going to use it for a while. Because you never know who might take your name and try to scam others or defame you or whatever.

Plus it just sucks that you can't even use your own name. And by the way, if your username on YT isn't original and is being used a lot on other social media platforms by other people.. maybe it's time to consider rebranding.

Sin B

2017 blows
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
That is definitely good advice. I took SinGamingYT on pretty much everything that I plan on ever using, just need to get it on YouTube itself but that might take some time due to their subscriber limitation, lol.

avilsd

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
That is definitely good advice. I took SinGamingYT on pretty much everything that I plan on ever using, just need to get it on YouTube itself but that might take some time due to their subscriber limitation, lol.
Some big youtubers use their domains to just redirect back to their channels. You could do SEO on the site and get some new subs that way if you were too lazy to do anything else on the site.

The biggest thing that people forget about is the gaming channels... A lot of them only have one or two consoles and people take their YT usernames on other platforms and spam/scam people and then it reflects poorly on them (even though it's not their problem)

GadVeen

Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Also we shouldn't forget to create custom names where ever applicable. Many websites create ugly URLs which we need to change manually to our brand name.