Alternatives To Youtube

Zipyy

Reaction score
Any good Alternatives To Youtube which have potential to be big like youtube/ competitive to youtube ?

also what you guys think about vid.me

sledrunner31

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Vid.me is the only one that I've heard of that is actually of decent size. There are other video sites for other parts of the world but I've never bothered to check them out. They wouldnt really be in competition with YT anyway.

Google pretty much has a monopoly on this new type of media for now. Time will tell if it stays that way.

Last edited:
Reactions: misadventures28

EleniVTV

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Guru, Vlogger, Comedian
It seems that there are companies that are trying but nothing has come even close to Youtube

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Dave2017

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It seems that there are companies that are trying but nothing has come even close to Youtube
Nothing will come close to YouTube IMO..and VID.me will never come close:)

Hirudov

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
For video sharing You Tube faces big competition from Face Book for viral,vlog,political videos, Twitch for gaming videos and Stream Able for funny,comic video. Others are Daily motion for independent animators, LiveLeak for odd videos etc. Of course there are many many other video sharing websites that are alternative to You Tube . For full list check: wikipedia List of video hosting services

MarkRodriguez2012

Youtube Reviewer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I don't really see Facebook as competition. I only see short funny 'vines' videos but not real full length videos. Also, try finding the video you liked the other day again. It's really tough unless it's trending because it'll be buried under all the new videos that came out since then.

bigattck

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
vid.me doesn't have the viewers and no one will find vid.me videos like they do with youtube videos.

facebook video is only good for audience you already have, not ones you are trying to make.

dailymotion is ok but just like vid.me you'll have a hard time getting views.

every streaming website is random views.

Zipyy

Reaction score
How big is Vid.me ? i see Trending Videso and got only 1,694 viewers dats really low compare youtube

bigattck

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
How big is Vid.me ? i see Trending Videso and got only 1,694 viewers dats really low compare youtube
again it's not big, the major disadvantage is that google search results will not show it. people can't find your videos which means you will have to post your videos on reddit or sites with high viewers. people will avoid vid.me because it has too many clickbait. the site has become something of a rant video community and illegal uploads that you'll never be able to post on youtube.

1,694 will not help you live a youtube life and if we include people who use adblock the number of ads you can earn degrees to only like $7 and very few people will donate (unless you are an artist or something).