Alternatives to tubebuddy

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I really like tubebuddy, but I’m not able to upgrade it this moment, does anyone know if there’s anything similar to tubebuddy?

CaptainNeedy

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
The other paid service people talk about often is Morningfame.

But if you need to not pay right now then a very good idea is just learning all you can about doing better tags by hand. Tubebuddy is decent at suggesting tags based on what people search for and what your title and description say but it's software and it's never going to know your video as well as you do. It's good to use it for a bit and learn how many words make for good search phrases and where your channel can rank for them based on your favorability with YouTube, but it is something you can learn to do well for yourself for free. And it is a good skill to have.

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
The other paid service people talk about often is Morningfame.

But if you need to not pay right now then a very good idea is just learning all you can about doing better tags by hand. Tubebuddy is decent at suggesting tags based on what people search for and what your title and description say but it's software and it's never going to know your video as well as you do. It's good to use it for a bit and learn how many words make for good search phrases and where your channel can rank for them based on your favorability with YouTube, but it is something you can learn to do well for yourself for free. And it is a good skill to have.
Well I was making my tags all by self and knew what tags I too choose without the help of tubebuddy, I was already going to use the same tags that tubebuddy suggested before I even looked at them in tubebuddy. I just keep hearing all over this forum that people should use tubebuddy to help with seo, so I decided to do so even though there was nothing wrong with my tagging before I used tubebuddy. Even though I already know what to tags my videos I feel like it can’t hurt to get help from other resources, I’m all for using every little thing to help even if I really don’t need it.

CaptainNeedy

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
That's a pretty good attitude to have. You have the channel size and probably the watch time that allows you to rank higher for some shorter search terms and you've been at it for a good while so it's not nearly as important for you as it could be to some newer creators. Still any time you get a chance to use a new tool for a bit it can give you good ideas.

Last edited:
Reactions: Courtney Candice

Looped Fruit

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I using Morning Fame, has a great keyword search tool. Suggests what keywords to use if you're a larger channel or a smaller channel. Also it will find you keywords that are related to the keyword you typed in the search. Has a relevancy ranking and shows if people are searching for that particular keyword.[DOUBLEPOST=1528686535,1528686492][/DOUBLEPOST]I also use tubebuddy for some of it's features.

Reactions: Courtney Candice

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
That's a pretty good attitude to have. You have the channel size and probably the watch time that allows you to rank higher for some shorter search terms and you've been at it for a good while so it's not nearly as important for you as it could be to some newer creators. Still any time you get a chance to use a new tool for a bit it can give you good ideas.
I think that no matter if someone is good at something everyone has room for improvements, not just as a YouTuber but in life in general

Symph

I'm a dude with a face and I know how to use it.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer
I think that no matter if someone is good at something everyone has room for improvements, not just as a YouTuber but in life in general
Boy ain't that the truth! So what is tubebuddy? SEO keyword tool or something?

CaptainNeedy

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
The thing most people use it for the most is SEO analysis. It endeavors to be more than that. Quite a few people use it for it's milestone reports also. And it has a checklist of best practices that is handy if you're not up on doing the various things in it's checklist. It is a browser plug in for chrome and firefox and it integrates with youtube to improve the functionality a bit but mostly its usefulness is with SEO analysis.

Symph

I'm a dude with a face and I know how to use it.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer
The thing most people use it for the most is SEO analysis. It endeavors to be more than that. Quite a few people use it for it's milestone reports also. And it has a checklist of best practices that is handy if you're not up on doing the various things in it's checklist. It is a browser plug in for chrome and firefox and it integrates with youtube to improve the functionality a bit but mostly its usefulness is with SEO analysis.
Yeah that really does sound helpful, I'm guessing it costs a little money and that's why she can't upgrade then?

CaptainNeedy

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Yeah that really does sound helpful, I'm guessing it costs a little money and that's why she can't upgrade then?
Yes. There is a free version which only suggests three tags and the rest are blurred out. I find the free version to be pretty handy. Then there are three monthly subscription levels. I think the lowest level gets you all the tag suggestions back and the highest levels start bundling all kinds of perks like fully licensed music and graphics and assistance of various sorts. They probably have a website that explains it all in detail.

Reactions: Symph