almost a year on youtube

BrandyKoopa

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I Started youtube on september 1st and now july 22 im at 137 subs but i feel ther most dead ones (i dont do S4S before you ask) iv posted mostly in FB groups and on twitter i'm a no commentary gaming channel . i have been thinking of doing livestreams , i just feel my channel is not really picking up any suggestions?

JeffEvans

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Just checked out your channel, everything looks really good. My only question, why no audio? Most people follow channels for the YouTuber not the content. With their being no audio or way to know you, it doesn't have much relational value. Just a thought, but even a bad voiceover might help you to grow some.

Reactions: UhoohExtra
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'm not too familiar with video games (at least the modern ones) but the thumbnails look fairly similar. I'd try adding additional text if you are using these thumbnails to attract viewers. Viewers may not keep track to distinguish what makes each video unique since they are filmed match sequences. Best of luck for your channel!

Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Just checked out your channel, everything looks really good. My only question, why no audio? Most people follow channels for the YouTuber not the content. With their being no audio or way to know you, it doesn't have much relational value. Just a thought, but even a bad voiceover might help you to grow some.
I don't know...I actually disagree with this. No Commentary YT channels are doing extremely well now. A lot of people(like me and a few of my friends) prefer to watch gaming channels that have no commentary. For example, MKIceandFire has over a million subs and he's a no commentary channel.

My advice for OP is to do games that people want to see yet no one is doing. For example, if you Google Rayman 2 Walkthrough No Commentary and get no results, that means people are searching for that content yet no one is providing it. If you google Life Is-and Google tells you 'Life is Strange 100% no commentary", again, people are searching for that content. Google does a good job at telling you what people want/searching for.