All videos under review for monetization

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey everyone,

After seeing a post on here saying that custom thumbs are only available on videos you monetise I decided to test it with a few videos on YTtalkTV, I enabled monetization on a few at first and all of them were under review for it, so I thought why not try it on almost all of them, surely all of them wont be under review but they are all under review.

Anyone know how long it takes for them to no longer be under review on average? I really wanted to see if custom thumbnails were enabled on the channel yet :D

Thank you.

Unknown_user0001

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
It can range over a period of 5 mins to 3 days. Some times the longest ones don't get accepted. If for some reason some don't get accepted and you fully own them or have permission then re-upload if you want as they never get back.

Reactions: Michael

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Oh I dont really want to make anything off them yet, I just wanted to see if the thumbs would come on :D I will leave them and see after a few days if we have the thumbs :D

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I hope so, what happens if you monetise and then add the thumbnail and then unmonetise, does the thumb remain?

Unknown_user0001

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
I haven't tried it. I don't see why they would remove it. I am not sure on that one

ViciousCritic

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
Mine usually go under review for a few minutes when I first upload them. None of them have custom thumbnails though, so I don't know if that's true or not.

Unknown_user0001

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
I would love to know how you do your background and do the socks on totally socks. :)[DOUBLEPOST=1346704653,1346704631][/DOUBLEPOST]I won't copy you or anything, it just seems epic the way you made it

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Just tested it and so far it is not working, one has just been approved and has ads but no thumbnail options sadly.

Gabriel

YouTube Addict
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I hope so, what happens if you monetise and then add the thumbnail and then unmonetise, does the thumb remain?
It's a feature so if you do get custom thumbnails it won't ever go away even if you don't monetize any videos once you have gotten custom thumbnails it won't effect it