ALL Partner Channels Under 10K Views Now Kicked Out of YPP!

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
If you were a fully monetized partner before April 6th 2017, up until now, the assumption was that upon reaching 10K in lifetime channel views your monetization would automatically be re-enabled.

That changed this week. If you are one of those who joined the YPP before April 6th of this year and your channel hasn't reached 10K lifetime views. you have been ejected from the YPP and must now apply to join just as a new channel would. Do not let the bold YouTube Partner on your Dashboard fool you; your channel is still subject to the new review process.

I know this for a fact; I have multiple channels formerly partnered which were under 10K views, and they all now show the new YPP "Joining Sequence"; with the Program Terms already accepted and the Adsense Account already enabled. All that is missing for you to fill in is the "Preferred Ad Formats" section; which previously was not available until after acceptance into the YPP.

The View Number Meter, counting up to 10K in views, and saying at its terminus, "Review Starts", is now present on former YPP under 10K channels as well.

Last edited:

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Yep, that happened to my other channel as well, which only got a couple of views per day tops, and had a total of over 1700 views.
Which is sad, but then again, I haven´t put the effort on that channel as much as my main channel, so I shouldn´t complain!

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
We shall see.

Before this happened all of my partnered channels (12+) were adding to my Adsense total. Now I might have only 5 doing it. In addition I've lost the ability to earn subscription revenue from 4 more channels as Paid Content subscriptions were turned off on the 19th. All of those channels are also under 10K, so will no longer make a single penny. Now I need to work 5 times as hard to bring those up to 10K views too!

Scapestrato

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
If you were a fully monetized partner before April 6th 2017, up until now, the assumption was that upon reaching 10K in lifetime channel views your monetization would automatically be re-enabled.

That changed this week. If you are one of those who joined the YPP before April 6th of this year and your channel hasn't reached 10K lifetime views. you have been ejected from the YPP and must now apply to join just as a new channel would. Do not let the bold YouTube Partner on your Dashboard fool you; your channel is still subject to the new review process.

I know this for a fact; I have multiple channels formerly partnered which were under 10K views, and they all now show the new YPP "Joining Sequence"; with the Program Terms already accepted and the Adsense Account already enabled. All that is missing for you to fill in is the "Preferred Ad Formats" section; which previously was not available until after acceptance into the YPP.

The View Number Meter, counting up to 10K in views, and saying at its terminus, "Review Starts", is now present on former YPP under 10K channels as well.
Correct me if I`m wrong, but weren`t you one of those who promptly whiteknighted every YT decisions in the past talking down other users complaining about Youtube changes?

If that`s the case, how does it feel to be on the other side now? <3

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Correct me if I`m wrong, but weren`t you one of those who promptly whiteknighted every YT decisions in the past talking down other users complaining about Youtube changes?

If that`s the case, how does it feel to be on the other side now? <3
Actually no I wasn't whiteknighting every decision. I don't know how long you've been a member of this forum, but I've been one nearly since the beginning. If you care to go all the way back to my beginnings with this forum, you will see plenty of complaining, especially at the point when they tried to force Google Plus down our collective throats.

I usually was also a complainer on every interface change. Why is it on any type of forum, people are always looking for someone to attack?

What I really complain about are people who either don't read the rules and then complain when they run afoul of them, or the even worse ones who actually read the rules; then deliberately look for ways to get around them then still complain when they get caught out!

caregiver12

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Does it really matter? I can't see that a channel without 10k views would be making much revenue anyway.

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
True; try multiplying that by 15 to 20 (and I have seen channel owners with that many channels out there; I myself own over a dozen), and it adds up rather quickly, especially when such channels have more than 30 videos. I was merely wanting to keep people from being surprised when they found out.

To some of us, every penny is precious; and we are not all that worried about making thousands right off the bat. Nor am I on YouTube "solely for the money"; I just want a bit of ROI for what I spend to produce videos in the first place.

Brandon

VISUAL.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Yeah, whatever. A YouTube with 100 subs and monetized videos are annoying anyway. Like have fun shopping with your 4 cents you made this year.