After Effects & other programs

NWBroadcasting

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi all!

I've been an editor for about 6 years now and a YouTuber for about 7 months. I've always been asked about my editing style for my videos and what programs I use. As I said, I'm new, so I may be doing thumbnails wrong as to I'm not a still designer, but I have a workflow now.

Here is what I use:

Thumbnails - Photoshop
Motion graphics - After Effects
Final editing - Premiere Pro (Yes, I'm an Adobe fan obviously)

I also get asked if I use templates a lot... Everything I make, I make from scratch. Not to speak ill of templates though, there are great templates out there you can purchase to give a high-quality look to your content. I know videohive has some great ones and a variety to match your content.

If anyone is looking to get started editing, I would recommend the above programs personally. I've always used them and they have always been great!

slayerkm

Daily Vlogger
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I must say im a growing Adobe fanboy, i used photoshop and now i use Premier pro for editing but yet to try After effects.

I downloaded the free trial yesterday so i must have a little look :)

Reactions: NWBroadcasting

NWBroadcasting

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I must say im a growing Adobe fanboy, i used photoshop and now i use Premier pro for editing but yet to try After effects.

I downloaded the free trial yesterday so i must have a little look :)
Adobe caught me by surprise. I didn't realize I was a fanboy until I typed this post haha. The programs just work together so well. Adobe CC has come a long way and After Effects has gotten a little easier to work with. I definitely recommend AE, you can basically do everything but full-blown 3d rendering.

jnet

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
yeah I been using adobe for everything, their creative cloud is just too convenient now.. I wouldn't really even think of using another video editor haha

GrgakGames

Phoenix Games Enthusiast (Please end my life)
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have been using Adobe products since Macromedia Flash MX about a decade ago now lol.
Never stopped loving them.
After Effects is amazing
Premiere is amazing
It really is worth all the money in my opinion

NWBroadcasting

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
yeah I been using adobe for everything, their creative cloud is just too convenient now.. I wouldn't really even think of using another video editor haha
No way! I tried using iMovie and Final Cut and it is just not me... Too confusing. Premiere and After Effects is where I feel at home. :)

I have been using Adobe products since Macromedia Flash MX about a decade ago now lol.
Never stopped loving them.
After Effects is amazing
Premiere is amazing
It really is worth all the money in my opinion

It really is the best. I spend $30/monthly for the whole CC suite and it's worth every penny.

Christiney92

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I just use Premier Pro at the moment and PicMonkey for my thumbnails - I really want to start using Photoshop but I just can't afford it at the moment :( I haven't dabbled much in After Effects, only a couple of times when I was at Uni, but once I get Photoshop I will probably get After Effects as well. I'm glad you're finding it useful :) this is definitely going to push me to get the software when I can :D

NWBroadcasting

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I just use Premier Pro at the moment and PicMonkey for my thumbnails - I really want to start using Photoshop but I just can't afford it at the moment :( I haven't dabbled much in After Effects, only a couple of times when I was at Uni, but once I get Photoshop I will probably get After Effects as well. I'm glad you're finding it useful :) this is definitely going to push me to get the software when I can :D
I feel like Photoshop and After Effects go hand-in-hand. There's so many quick edits I would make with Photoshop and adjust within my AE composition. Definitely worth checking out the trial! :)

Reactions: Christiney92