After 1 Year on YouTube - How Did You Feel?

Darren Taylor

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
The end of August marked my 1 year anniversary on YouTube. In that time I have:

- got over 900 subs (not too shabby)
- uploaded nearly 70 videos
- gained quite a few consulting gigs
- got my first paid speaking gigs
- met a ton of cool people online and face too face
- grown my LinkedIn following to 20k professionals

I think that's a good first year. However I can't help but feel that many people in my position wouldn't be happy with the subscriber count of 900 or so with all the work involved in creating 70 videos in a year. Heck, it's hard for me to feel like I had a good first year sometimes, but I give myself a talking to and bring myself back down to earth and try to appreciate how I've done.

Sometimes it's easy to be hard on yourself, so I want to know how everyone who has been on YT for over a year felt on their 1 year anniversary. I would love to see your accomplishments in that time too, as it's so important to celebrate that.

Thanks everyone!

Reactions: THEBATTLEXSHOW

Don in 5

Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
The end of August marked my 1 year anniversary on YouTube. In that time I have:

- got over 900 subs (not too shabby)
- uploaded nearly 70 videos
- gained quite a few consulting gigs
- got my first paid speaking gigs
- met a ton of cool people online and face too face
- grown my LinkedIn following to 20k professionals

I think that's a good first year. However I can't help but feel that many people in my position wouldn't be happy with the subscriber count of 900 or so with all the work involved in creating 70 videos in a year. Heck, it's hard for me to feel like I had a good first year sometimes, but I give myself a talking to and bring myself back down to earth and try to appreciate how I've done.

Sometimes it's easy to be hard on yourself, so I want to know how everyone who has been on YT for over a year felt on their 1 year anniversary. I would love to see your accomplishments in that time too, as it's so important to celebrate that.

Thanks everyone!
Those results are excellent for one year. Congrats on the progress.

Reactions: Darren Taylor

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You are doing VERY well dude:):up2: Most people on this forum would be more than exited with results like that:) I know it´s easy to be hard on yourself if you think you could or should do better but you have absolutly no reason to. Keep up your great work and you will do great in the future too:up2:

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
I felt good. Had similar stats. If you go a year and know you’re not quitting , you’re probably in for life!

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Very good mate - I had around 1000 subs after my first year too. It was in my 3rd year that I really started to grow.
Keep up to good work and it can only improve from hereonin.

Darren Taylor

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thanks for all of the support guys! I'll try not to be too hard on myself and keep enjoying the platform!

Yachts For Sale

Yachts For Sale
Reaction score
That's really solid growth for year one. Your content is great too.

You have a similar business model to me, in that you use youtube to attract customers and gain credibility in your field. If you are not already doing so, make sure you post your videos on Linked'In. I have far fewer connections than you on that platform (about 6000) but I've had great success by using it. With 20,000 connections, and a business-based youtube channel Linked'In should really aid your growth.

All the best with it!

Darren Taylor

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
That's really solid growth for year one. Your content is great too.

You have a similar business model to me, in that you use youtube to attract customers and gain credibility in your field. If you are not already doing so, make sure you post your videos on Linked'In. I have far fewer connections than you on that platform (about 6000) but I've had great success by using it. With 20,000 connections, and a business-based youtube channel Linked'In should really aid your growth.

All the best with it!
Thanks, really appreciate it! Solid advice I've just started to get really into LinkedIn, posting all my videos native there and iveI started to see results!

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I'm just a tiny gaming/funny moments channel, ive being doing youtube again for about 4 months, although ive actually being on it for 2 years only recently ive got up to 66 subs and I do put a fair bit effort into my vids especially with the editing as I had to learn it all myself and im not very good at it, but im hoping people will maybe notice me one day.

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
This is very good, congratulations! I had over 1,000 subscribers my first year as well, I think that’s pretty good for 1 year not may people get there In two or years:)