Affiliate Features Implemented : Request to unlink button added!

Tarmack

Rhetorical Porcupine
Reaction score
It's unlikely Google would want that kind of backlog so I'm going to say no.

Recent contact from RPM/Maker seems to indicate otherwise. Now, perhaps that's how the trust algorythm gives old channels credibility. Start going through and scanning channels, but as you run into more and more legit videos approved, the system scans less from that channel. Dunno, I'm kinda expecting YouTube to have some very unique issues tomorrow.

Monday (12/9), YouTube will update how Content ID scans for infringing content. This YouTube initiative could affect channels who have content they believe is infringing, but hasn't been "caught” yet. As you already know, using videos without permission (re-uploads, clips from movies/television shows, etc.) is already not permitted on YouTube. This change is simply a more reliable way for YouTube to keep track and protect its partners. If you feel strongly that your content is 100% yours, you have nothing to worry about.
Because this is a change being performed by YouTube that could affect you, Maker will have additional personnel on hand Monday to assist with copyright issues. If you see a claim on your channel that you believe is in error, please reach out to us right away via Maker Max. Maker is in close contact with YouTube during this transition and we will do everything we can to support you.

wajinshu

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Recent contact from RPM/Maker seems to indicate otherwise. Now, perhaps that's how the trust algorythm gives old channels credibility. Start going through and scanning channels, but as you run into more and more legit videos approved, the system scans less from that channel. Dunno, I'm kinda expecting YouTube to have some very unique issues tomorrow.

Monday (12/9), YouTube will update how Content ID scans for infringing content. This YouTube initiative could affect channels who have content they believe is infringing, but hasn't been "caught” yet. As you already know, using videos without permission (re-uploads, clips from movies/television shows, etc.) is already not permitted on YouTube. This change is simply a more reliable way for YouTube to keep track and protect its partners. If you feel strongly that your content is 100% yours, you have nothing to worry about.
Because this is a change being performed by YouTube that could affect you, Maker will have additional personnel on hand Monday to assist with copyright issues. If you see a claim on your channel that you believe is in error, please reach out to us right away via Maker Max. Maker is in close contact with YouTube during this transition and we will do everything we can to support you.
Is this on all Youtube or only Maker/RPM as of now? Other networks will follow?

Tarmack

Rhetorical Porcupine
Reaction score
Is this on all Youtube or only Maker/RPM as of now? Other networks will follow?
The notification came to Maker (through a friend of mine) but this is a YouTube thing. The networks aren't involved in when/where/how ContentID works.[DOUBLEPOST=1386520869,1386520832][/DOUBLEPOST]
YouTube is instituting the changes. Everybody on every channel is going to be scrutinized.

And this may well be how some of us older channels get that reverse cred I was hoping for. ;)

Reactions: markkaz

markkaz

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
And this may well be how some of us older channels get that reverse cred I was hoping for. ;)
Agreed. I think it was on a Tubefilter article where somebody said that this delayed monetization is also designed to catch rogue channels that steal content, re-upload, and quickly monetize before they get caught.

I'm all for anything that helps put a damper on these damn rogue channels that steal hundreds of videos and re-upload. I'm getting tired of filing copyright claims.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUv1eHBH7ICTnWp4fzAttIA

Tarmack

Rhetorical Porcupine
Reaction score
Agreed. I think it was on a Tubefilter article where somebody said that this delayed monetization is also designed to catch rogue channels that steal content, re-upload, and quickly monetize before they get caught.

I'm all for anything that helps put a damper on these damn rogue channels that steal hundreds of videos and re-upload. I'm getting tired of filing copyright claims.

Yeah, I have a very serious issue around that relating to a subsection of my VN partners. There are several who have hundreds of videos stolen and reuploaded every week.

AHelpfulGuy

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Why don'y you just ask your network to enable Content ID on your videos? :)