Adwords talk......

FamilyToyReview

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I'm of the opinion to always make your own opinion hahaha. Nobody knows for sure and there are so many ways of targeting that it will require a lot of promotions to figure out which settings were most successful.
What I usually did was promote one of my videos by targeting them at specific videos and/or channels that match the same of audience I'm looking for. This so that I maximize my conversion rate from viewer to subscriber. I haven't run any adwords for quite some time now so my last campaign is a few months old now. I do know that @KiddieToysReview had better success I think with using very targeted keywords and let Google find the best audience. I tried it as well and the result was similar for me. My best advise would be to create a few small ads first and don't run before you can walk. Otherwise you'll blow all your budget with bad settings or maybe on a video that you think is great but doesn't translate into good subscriber ratios. YouTube is a marathon, so don't worry that it takes a couple of weeks before you find what works best and only then crank up the spend to what you want to invest.

One final thing, I always made it a sport to get 1 cent ads and I almost always managed. But targeting RyansToyReview proved to be the hardest channel, I never got more than a handful of ads run on their channel, the demand for ads on their channel is just too high and increases the cost for advertising. So try to find which channels work out for you, maybe some with over 100k subs as well as over 1 million subs. Than check after a day or two how well it went and which drive better results.
i feel you on the 1 cent thing. i know exactly what you mean! about doing adwords targeting huge channels, i found a trick. im not sure if it still works. the trick is to target a brand new video they JUST uploaded. sometimes i'll look for new videos from big channels that have similar content to mine. some big channel must have uploaded a happy meal video recently. it works best when the channel just uploaded the channel that day. the sooner the better. my thinking is advertisers usually spend ads targeting the most popular video. and are probably not as flexible and agile to place ads on new videos. maybe if my tip goes around, more people will target new videos and it will no longer be a tip. i don't really advertise anymore so its ok!

KidsCorner

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
i feel you on the 1 cent thing. i know exactly what you mean! about doing adwords targeting huge channels, i found a trick. im not sure if it still works. the trick is to target a brand new video they JUST uploaded. sometimes i'll look for new videos from big channels that have similar content to mine. some big channel must have uploaded a happy meal video recently. it works best when the channel just uploaded the channel that day. the sooner the better. my thinking is advertisers usually spend ads targeting the most popular video. and are probably not as flexible and agile to place ads on new videos. maybe if my tip goes around, more people will target new videos and it will no longer be a tip. i don't really advertise anymore so its ok!
That's good advice! I'm not running any campaigns anymore but if I do I will keep it in mind!

Reactions: Pierce's Mom
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
We have done some adwords and I think it helped overall.. maybe.. one of our videos took off because of it.. or maybe I'm just assuming.. We did have a video the other day be suggested by RTR but quickly got kicked after an hour haha.. I'm guessing it was a dud.. Overall, like KTR said, treat it like a business. We are starting to and finally seeing it grow.. slowly.. but still its growing. I LOVE adwords and will probably use them more in the future.

Pierce's Mom

Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
We have done some adwords and I think it helped overall.. maybe.. one of our videos took off because of it.. or maybe I'm just assuming.. We did have a video the other day be suggested by RTR but quickly got kicked after an hour haha.. I'm guessing it was a dud.. Overall, like KTR said, treat it like a business. We are starting to and finally seeing it grow.. slowly.. but still its growing. I LOVE adwords and will probably use them more in the future.
So glad you've got great results from Adwords! We've decided to give it another go, too. When not using Adwords, everyone mentions that they see themselves suggested on other channels. This seems like a beginner's question, but...
How is it that you find yourself suggested? And how do you know down to the detailed fact that it was suggested for an hour only to then be kicked off?

KidsCorner

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
So glad you've got great results from Adwords! We've decided to give it another go, too. When not using Adwords, everyone mentions that they see themselves suggested on other channels. This seems like a beginner's question, but...
How is it that you find yourself suggested? And how do you know down to the detailed fact that it was suggested for an hour only to then be kicked off?
Install the app, you can then get Realtime 60 minute and 48 hour infomation on several tabs. Below an example of the suggested window on one of my videos. But you can do the same on channel level and other metrics like views, split between suggested, home, advertisers, etc.

Attachments

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yep just what Kidscorner said! I LOVE the youtube app![DOUBLEPOST=1495188008,1495187061][/DOUBLEPOST]
Good luck! Hope it works out for you! We use it on every video for our super hero channel only sometimes on our toy review channel, if I could afford it we would be using it on every video haha!

ToysForKids

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Results were very similar for channel placements and search.
The way i figure, the system will place you in the best place to get views, you'll be on kids channels anyways, so might as well not worry too much about it.
I found it difficult to get on some channels, such as rtr and toy freaks. The cpc is higher than 1 cent on top tier channels. I got on toy freaks at 3 cent and rtr at 4 cents, Way too expensive long term.
What's the benefit of putting ads to RTR compared to any other channel? Wouldn't any other (preferably $0,01) channel be as good? As long the niche is the same and there's enough viewers.

ToyBoxMagic

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
In response to your comment @MostShockingEP , does anyone know how to 'Buy Shoutouts'?? Has anyone here ever done that and can give me some advice as to how to go about doing this?

Pierce's Mom

Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Install the app, you can then get Realtime 60 minute and 48 hour infomation on several tabs. Below an example of the suggested window on one of my videos. But you can do the same on channel level and other metrics like views, split between suggested, home, advertisers, etc.
Thanks sooo much!! I understand now. Very cool![DOUBLEPOST=1495265641,1495265425][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yep just what Kidscorner said! I LOVE the youtube app![DOUBLEPOST=1495188008,1495187061][/DOUBLEPOST]

Good luck! Hope it works out for you! We use it on every video for our super hero channel only sometimes on our toy review channel, if I could afford it we would be using it on every video haha!
Thanks sooo much. Round 2 of Adwords here we go. Hoping it brings us better results than the first time. Wish I knew about this forum 2 years ago... better late than never.[DOUBLEPOST=1495265902][/DOUBLEPOST]

Thanks so much!! Here we go with round 2 of Adwords, and hoping it brings us better results than the first time. Wish I knew about this forum 2 years ago. Better late than never ;-)