Adwords Strategy. Advice please ?

We have a channel that puts out travel videos and we recently hit 20k subs. However, as we are in off season we are a little slack, so based on advise on here, we ran a little Adwords campaign.

The question I have is should I have a higher daily budget over a shorter space of time or spread our budget out over say a couple of weeks?

At the moment we have a modest daily budget spread out over the weeks, but it occurred to me that maybe flooding the market would create a buzz, and lead to more inorganic views..

All opinions greatly appreciated, including any tips for improving our page.

Thanks very much

For new videos, getting as many views in the first 24-48 hrs seems to be important. I would allocate the majority of funds in that time space.
For panned out campaigns I ran, I generally do it if I'm trying to build a playlist. For example, say I would be releasing a Giant Surprise Egg every Monday for 12 weeks. I would allocate $10-$20/day across the Giant Eggs playlist to keep traffic up for those keywords as I release more videos into that playlist.
If I have a one off video not part of a playlist strategy, it makes little sense to allocate a continued budget to it. Better to pump it in the first few days and let it be. If it then gets good traction on its own, I would consider more similar videos, make a playlist, and Adword it.

On a side note - nice boat!

Cheers. I am going to run a three day campaign at $20 a day and 1c clicks. See how that works.
We are however promoting one of our existing videos that we put out a few months back. It has had 91k views, so I know we can't get the initial impact. Next time we put up a new vid. I'll run another campaign to give it traction.

For new videos, getting as many views in the first 24-48 hrs seems to be important. I would allocate the majority of funds in that time space.
For panned out campaigns I ran, I generally do it if I'm trying to build a playlist. For example, say I would be releasing a Giant Surprise Egg every Monday for 12 weeks. I would allocate $10-$20/day across the Giant Eggs playlist to keep traffic up for those keywords as I release more videos into that playlist.
If I have a one off video not part of a playlist strategy, it makes little sense to allocate a continued budget to it. Better to pump it in the first few days and let it be. If it then gets good traction on its own, I would consider more similar videos, make a playlist, and Adword it.

On a side note - nice boat!

This is very informative. I am thinking I need to just jump in and test the waters with the ads and see how it goes. So you can target a playlist. Does this mean you don't advertise one video but rather a group of videos? I guess I need to actually play with adsense before I ask questions since I don't know how the setup looks like. I don't know why I am apprehensive about starting with adsense - I guess I am a little intimidated by the process.

This is very informative. I am thinking I need to just jump in and test the waters with the ads and see how it goes. So you can target a playlist. Does this mean you don't advertise one video but rather a group of videos? I guess I need to actually play with adsense before I ask questions since I don't know how the setup looks like. I don't know why I am apprehensive about starting with adsense - I guess I am a little intimidated by the process.

Basically you start a campaign and group related videos into it - those videos should generally be in their own playlist. The system will allocate %served to the best performing ads, but you can manually tweak it by manually pausing certain videos to force it to pick others. Adwords helps most in the early stages of a channel when it's impossible to get "real" viewers (as opposed to other channels). Once you are getting organic traffic, the benefits of adwords seems to decrease. Unless it's for specific purposes.

Basically you start a campaign and group related videos into it - those videos should generally be in their own playlist. The system will allocate %served to the best performing ads, but you can manually tweak it by manually pausing certain videos to force it to pick others. Adwords helps most in the early stages of a channel when it's impossible to get "real" viewers (as opposed to other channels). Once you are getting organic traffic, the benefits of adwords seems to decrease. Unless it's for specific purposes.

Can you promote a playlist with adwords?

Back