adword for channel promote

olimueller

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hmmm. I have to spend some time looking into this some more. Interesting!

toqchista99

Reaction score
Which country do you want to build an audience in? Which country has the highest CPM for you? Which country does Yt promote your videos in now, and where do you get the most subs from? You can go with the flow, or against the flow, for the above. It's really up to you.
i can't get it, how to choose country for redirect traffic ?

there aren't like that selector;

if it is depend cpv ?

how much cpv choose i ?[DOUBLEPOST=1492781644,1492781115][/DOUBLEPOST]
I had three videos and the channel trailer. So, not that many. But I felt like I was getting genuinely positive feedback on it from my social media shares and on Reddit. So, I took the plunge and tried it.

I originally tried the same technique but instead of the short channel trailer, I promoted one of the main videos. But they're like 10-20 minutes long. So, I realized that if I clicked on a YouTube video and then had to watch a 10-20 minute long "ad" I would be furious and click past. That's exactly what happened. I got "views" because people had to sit through at least 30 seconds of the video I paid to promote. But they skipped past as soon as possible. You can imagine what that did to my audience retention. The 30-second channel trailer gets much more action in AdWords. And because people watch almost 100% of it before they can skip past, that's driving up my audience retention numbers as well.
i liked your channel ;
good luck ! you have future[DOUBLEPOST=1492785342][/DOUBLEPOST]now i get it, i found country selector and i get it , what means cpv;

but still how much cpv is normal ?
i want too views and good quality

CrazFrank

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I myself have been wondering if to try it. I got paid my first 100$ and want to invest it on the channel. Can we get some more results based on how much you put on the adword promo machine :D

Kesler's Dad

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
The kids niche is hyper competitive. My best recommendation, is make content that's got a unique angle on something. Something different from what's out there already, and there's a lot out there already. Then promote those videos. Adwords is the best. Don't choose and set a specific amount like $200, bang and stop. Think of it as an ongoing marketing campaign. You can allocate say $10 for every new video, or $10-$20 across all your videos per day. You can allocate both. You can also do $10/playlist per day (with several videos in there). Anything you do on Yt, especially in saturated verticals, you need to take a long term view and strategize accordingly. With respect to "in-stream" or "video discover ad", it depends on your purpose:

In-steam is used when you want to build brand awareness or spread a message across. It's usually used by known brands. Think of it this way, someone has clicked on a video to watch it, then here's one of your ads, that will take them away from the video they want to watch to your trailer. It better be a good trailer or video, otherwise they will be p****d that the ad took them to somewhere that didn't fulfil their expectations. You don't want your ad to kill their session time. If they click back to the previous video, you'll just get a low retention. If they close the browser tab, that's the death nail for your video and potentially channel. Avoid killing session times.

Video discovery is right sidebar and other placements that are less intrusive. If they like the thumbnail, they click it. It's generally in the viewing stream, and you'll be part of the session as they go to another video after yours.

3 months is nothing. For our channel, nothing happened for a good 6 months. Then there was a small blip. Then it took another few months to catch on. Some channels do it quicker, but you'll find the creators already have experience (parents have either their own successful vlog or other channels like Mom has a beauty/makeup channel) and they get those viewers over via verbals and in video links. Other ways channels grow quickly is they get their videos perfectly matched and timed to the crest of a super popular trend, get on suggested in progressively higher count channels, then execute flawlessly and professionally daily. 2 examples in the last 2 years: giant surprise eggs and bad babies have build a number of channels really fast and hard.
Yet again, we are indebted to you for sharing so much. Thank you! My struggle right now is convincing my wife to do exactly what you mentioned, creating kids videos from a unique angle (cinematic bedtime stories, slow motion activities with a unique spin, TV show parodies, high production value and comedic music videos, ...etc...) rather than what she wants (filming him running through Toy'R'Us with a smartphone, playing with toys, ...etc...) although I might have to eventually submit to her ideas of our growth stalls in 6 to 12 months from now. Anyhow, my ideas require a lot more work but I think that's what's needed in this hyper saturated market.

Thanks for setting realistic expectations via sharing your experience. You're such an asset to this community!

KiddieToysReview

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yet again, we are indebted to you for sharing so much. Thank you! My struggle right now is convincing my wife to do exactly what you mentioned, creating kids videos from a unique angle (cinematic bedtime stories, slow motion activities with a unique spin, TV show parodies, high production value and comedic music videos, ...etc...) rather than what she wants (filming him running through Toy'R'Us with a smartphone, playing with toys, ...etc...) although I might have to eventually submit to her ideas of our growth stalls in 6 to 12 months from now. Anyhow, my ideas require a lot more work but I think that's what's needed in this hyper saturated market.

Thanks for setting realistic expectations via sharing your experience. You're such an asset to this community!
That's very kind of you to say that! I think a channel is flexible enough, and there is such a diverse viewership, that you can experiment with different formats, and see what gets traction with viewers. The most important thing is to be flexible, experiment, fail often, and run with your successes. The traffic (especially live traffic) will tell you what works and what doesn't. The best advice I got from our Yt partner manager is make more of what works for your channel.

toqchista99

Reaction score
200$ is about 12K views to me;

is it enough to rank my video ?

it is good method to redirect traffic in my playlist;

im going to redirect traffic one on day, per video;

1 week after if i won't see any better result what was before redirect traffic , why i should give up )

KidsCorner

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
200$ is about 12K views to me;

is it enough to rank my video ?

it is good method to redirect traffic in my playlist;

im going to redirect traffic one on day, per video;

1 week after if i won't see any better result what was before redirect traffic , why i should give up )
There's so many ways to target your audience, my best advice is to set a 1 dollar campaign per day and experiment. See what gets better results. Try the different ad-formats. Try targetting countries, try targeting specific age or demographic, target a channel, target keywords, target specific videos, try to get your ads running for max 1 cent per view, target high CPM countries, target english speakers, etc etc. See what works, analyse the data and if you know what you're doing and you understand adwords (it's not very intuitive and a ton of options to target your audience) you take it a step further. When you got the hang of it, only then increase the budget otherwise you're just blowing cash with wrong settings

ToysForKids

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
There's so many ways to target your audience, my best advice is to set a 1 dollar campaign per day and experiment. See what gets better results. Try the different ad-formats. Try targetting countries, try targeting specific age or demographic, target a channel, target keywords, target specific videos, try to get your ads running for max 1 cent per view, target high CPM countries, target english speakers, etc etc. See what works, analyse the data and if you know what you're doing and you understand adwords (it's not very intuitive and a ton of options to target your audience) you take it a step further. When you got the hang of it, only then increase the budget otherwise you're just blowing cash with wrong settings
Hijacking the topic a little bit; could you recommend some general adwords settings in order to target kids?

KidsCorner

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi of course, please look up this thread, "Adwords talk......", read the whole thread as I made a mistake and some other good discusion there too. I tried several ways of linking to it but yttalk prohibits me somehow, so look it up yourself.

toqchista99

Reaction score
okey but, what do you think? 1 cent for one view isn't little ? as i know it will affect view quality ; but still i dont know what about quality ;

im, going to target most good setting and also i think, per dollar per day is very little, how to can video will rank? if i will use per dollar per day,

you have good channel, did you use adword ?

Last edited: