adword for channel promote

toqchista99

hi;

3 months hard working on channel, still i haven't been still not get result, neither result; i dont know what should i do ? my niche is kids;

now, im going to put 200$ for video promote via adword, what do you advice me ?

which country do i choose ?
or general is worth it ?

thnx

I did an AdWords campaign on my channel trailer for a total of $20 US, and I got almost 100 subs in 4 days. So, it definitely worked for me, if you have the money to spend.

I'd suggest cutting a GOOD channel trailer that's engaging. Make it less than a minute. 30-seconds might even be better. Use End Cards and put a subscribe button and a video at the end of the trailer. Then promote the channel trailer video. AdWords will create "In Display" ads and "In Stream" ads in the campaign. The In Display ads appear in search results, but those didn't covert to subs for me. I turned off the In Display ads and put the whole $20 on the "In Stream" ads, which play as an ad before other YouTube videos. Those were the most successful for me. I let Google decide where the ads ran.

Good luck!

I did an AdWords campaign on my channel trailer for a total of $20 US, and I got almost 100 subs in 4 days. So, it definitely worked for me, if you have the money to spend.

I'd suggest cutting a GOOD channel trailer that's engaging. Make it less than a minute. 30-seconds might even be better. Use End Cards and put a subscribe button and a video at the end of the trailer. Then promote the channel trailer video. AdWords will create "In Display" ads and "In Stream" ads in the campaign. The In Display ads appear in search results, but those didn't covert to subs for me. I turned off the In Display ads and put the whole $20 on the "In Stream" ads, which play as an ad before other YouTube videos. Those were the most successful for me. I let Google decide where the ads ran.

Good luck!

A big thanks from me, might be very useful someday :)

okey, but i dont want promote my channel, i want video promote, i think , it is more worth ;
so you mean, that put trailer on my channel and then put my channel on adword /?

i wanted video promote, i want to rank my video. to me sub isn't important, main is promote my video and i will get video rank, what will get more views and more subs;

Last edited:

Good luck!

This is awesome info, thank you so much for sharing. How many videos did you have up on your channel before you started your adwords campaign?

hi;

3 months hard working on channel, still i haven't been still not get result, neither result; i dont know what should i do ? my niche is kids;

now, im going to put 200$ for video promote via adword, what do you advice me ?

or general is worth it ?

thnx

The kids niche is hyper competitive. My best recommendation, is make content that's got a unique angle on something. Something different from what's out there already, and there's a lot out there already. Then promote those videos. Adwords is the best. Don't choose and set a specific amount like $200, bang and stop. Think of it as an ongoing marketing campaign. You can allocate say $10 for every new video, or $10-$20 across all your videos per day. You can allocate both. You can also do $10/playlist per day (with several videos in there). Anything you do on Yt, especially in saturated verticals, you need to take a long term view and strategize accordingly. With respect to "in-stream" or "video discover ad", it depends on your purpose:

In-steam is used when you want to build brand awareness or spread a message across. It's usually used by known brands. Think of it this way, someone has clicked on a video to watch it, then here's one of your ads, that will take them away from the video they want to watch to your trailer. It better be a good trailer or video, otherwise they will be p****d that the ad took them to somewhere that didn't fulfil their expectations. You don't want your ad to kill their session time. If they click back to the previous video, you'll just get a low retention. If they close the browser tab, that's the death nail for your video and potentially channel. Avoid killing session times.

Video discovery is right sidebar and other placements that are less intrusive. If they like the thumbnail, they click it. It's generally in the viewing stream, and you'll be part of the session as they go to another video after yours.

3 months is nothing. For our channel, nothing happened for a good 6 months. Then there was a small blip. Then it took another few months to catch on. Some channels do it quicker, but you'll find the creators already have experience (parents have either their own successful vlog or other channels like Mom has a beauty/makeup channel) and they get those viewers over via verbals and in video links. Other ways channels grow quickly is they get their videos perfectly matched and timed to the crest of a super popular trend, get on suggested in progressively higher count channels, then execute flawlessly and professionally daily. 2 examples in the last 2 years: giant surprise eggs and bad babies have build a number of channels really fast and hard.

The kids niche is hyper competitive. My best recommendation, is make content that's got a unique angle on something. Something different from what's out there already, and there's a lot out there already. Then promote those videos. Adwords is the best. Don't choose and set a specific amount like $200, bang and stop. Think of it as an ongoing marketing campaign. You can allocate say $10 for every new video, or $10-$20 across all your videos per day. You can allocate both. You can also do $10/playlist per day (with several videos in there). Anything you do on Yt, especially in saturated verticals, you need to take a long term view and strategize accordingly. With respect to "in-stream" or "video discover ad", it depends on your purpose:

In-steam is used when you want to build brand awareness or spread a message across. It's usually used by known brands. Think of it this way, someone has clicked on a video to watch it, then here's one of your ads, that will take them away from the video they want to watch to your trailer. It better be a good trailer or video, otherwise they will be p****d that the ad took them to somewhere that didn't fulfil their expectations. You don't want your ad to kill their session time. If they click back to the previous video, you'll just get a low retention. If they close the browser tab, that's the death nail for your video and potentially channel. Avoid killing session times.

Video discovery is right sidebar and other placements that are less intrusive. If they like the thumbnail, they click it. It's generally in the viewing stream, and you'll be part of the session as they go to another video after yours.

3 months is nothing. For our channel, nothing happened for a good 6 months. Then there was a small blip. Then it took another few months to catch on. Some channels do it quicker, but you'll find the creators already have experience (parents have either their own successful vlog or other channels like Mom has a beauty/makeup channel) and they get those viewers over via verbals and in video links. Other ways channels grow quickly is they get their videos perfectly matched and timed to the crest of a super popular trend, get on suggested in progressively higher count channels, then execute flawlessly and professionally daily. 2 examples in the last 2 years: giant surprise eggs and bad babies have build a number of channels really fast and hard.
thnx for reply;

im doing video about color cars and spiderman;

why do you advice me allocate 10$ every per video ?

i think it is good idea, cuz 10$ per video it means 90%, that video wont rank, i want promote my video cuz i want get promoted video and i will get more views;

i think to be more better all views redirect on most newest and good video;
im getting views now, during 5 day my video getting about 1200 views, but i dont need so views ((, im doing comment method and it is bushit, i didn't received rank video yet;

so really i want hight retention views, my retention is about 1.5min ; other video has about 2 min ; or less;

also to be more better as i can redirect quickly traffic on my new video, that also will bring views suggested, and home page, not only ads;

if is possible do it, it is good, also worth play session to be continue;

only USA ?

Which country do you want to build an audience in? Which country has the highest CPM for you? Which country does Yt promote your videos in now, and where do you get the most subs from? You can go with the flow, or against the flow, for the above. It's really up to you.

This is awesome info, thank you so much for sharing. How many videos did you have up on your channel before you started your adwords campaign?
I had three videos and the channel trailer. So, not that many. But I felt like I was getting genuinely positive feedback on it from my social media shares and on Reddit. So, I took the plunge and tried it.

I originally tried the same technique but instead of the short channel trailer, I promoted one of the main videos. But they're like 10-20 minutes long. So, I realized that if I clicked on a YouTube video and then had to watch a 10-20 minute long "ad" I would be furious and click past. That's exactly what happened. I got "views" because people had to sit through at least 30 seconds of the video I paid to promote. But they skipped past as soon as possible. You can imagine what that did to my audience retention. The 30-second channel trailer gets much more action in AdWords. And because people watch almost 100% of it before they can skip past, that's driving up my audience retention numbers as well.

Back