Advice

M232

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
So I have been making YouTube videos for almost 2 years now and in the last year I have hit a block. I did K-pop reactions for my first year on my channel (I know I cringe and want to delete them but can’t bring myself to do it cause they took time and effort) and then barely posted because of a busy schedule. Now I have ideas to still post some k-pop related things but I also have plans for vlogish style videos, piano covers, fashion things, pretty much a bunch of random stuff in one. I also know that I want to post 1-2 times a week, but I can’t decide whether to keep everything on one channel or have two separate one, one for K-pop stuff and the other for my vlogish style videos or do one channels and divide things in playlists/sections on the main page.

Ida Skye

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Nah, keep it on one channel. It's fine to do different stuff on one channel. You will see what pulls the most viewers and make your strategic moves from there on. It IS recommended to stick to 1 type of videos but I'm not that sure if that is necessarily true. Having two channels are twice the work and you have a build an audience again from scratch. I would stick to one channel and see if it works first.

Stike96

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
So I have been making YouTube videos for almost 2 years now and in the last year I have hit a block. I did K-pop reactions for my first year on my channel (I know I cringe and want to delete them but can’t bring myself to do it cause they took time and effort) and then barely posted because of a busy schedule. Now I have ideas to still post some k-pop related things but I also have plans for vlogish style videos, piano covers, fashion things, pretty much a bunch of random stuff in one. I also know that I want to post 1-2 times a week, but I can’t decide whether to keep everything on one channel or have two separate one, one for K-pop stuff and the other for my vlogish style videos or do one channels and divide things in playlists/sections on the main page.
Yeah I'd recommend keeping them on one channel and keeping them in separate playlists.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Moved to the strategy / technique forum. :)

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Keep it all on one channel, just try not make it to random see if you make it relate to each other.