Advice on Writing/Scoring a Rap Song?

zebracloak

I make Movies like I make Friends.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Vlogger
Hey guys, I need some help.
Ok, so recently I have been playing around with the idea of making an original comedy rap song about lumberjacks. That's right. Lumberjacks. I have some of the rap written in my head already, but the thing is, I am NOT in anyway a musician. I can think of clever and funny lyrics fairly well, but the musical aspect of it scares me and I don't know if I can pull it off. I have a great idea for a music video (I am a filmmaker after all), so I really want to work on this project. Can anyone give me some advice on where to start and how to do this project?

p.s. I do have garageband.

Thanks, Zack
zebracloak

JohnKenShow

The YTTalk Godfather
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Musician, Guru, Reporter, Vlogger, Ranter, Comedian
Hey guys, I need some help.
Ok, so recently I have been playing around with the idea of making an original comedy rap song about lumberjacks. That's right. Lumberjacks. I have some of the rap written in my head already, but the thing is, I am NOT in anyway a musician. I can think of clever and funny lyrics fairly well, but the musical aspect of it scares me and I don't know if I can pull it off. I have a great idea for a music video (I am a filmmaker after all), so I really want to work on this project. Can anyone give me some advice on where to start and how to do this project?

p.s. I do have garageband.

Thanks, Zack
zebracloak
Maybe you could even Loop in the Monty Python Lumberjack song.

And use some Loops from Garage Band they have some good ones.

zebracloak

I make Movies like I make Friends.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Vlogger
I've thought about using the Monty Python song but I don't think it fits in with what I'm going for, and a lot of the garageband loops have been misused and copyrighted by people so I don't want my vid to get flagged.