Famebit
  1. Join the largest paid sponsorship network. No contracts, no gimmicks, get paid quick. New sponsorships are added daily. Join at famebit.com

Dismiss Notice

Advice on where to share a comedy gaming channel (scripted, not Let's Plays) with like-minded people

Discussion in 'Reviews & Channel Feedback' started by Gary Hobbesworth, Jun 19, 2017.

1. Gary Hobbesworth
    I've Got It
    Cash:
    $122
    I started this channel over a month ago, so far it's mostly videos as a lazy, apathetic character, like fake reviews and top ten list lists kind of stuff.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQ7qJon-p5CX53fPLl3VB0Q
    I haven't yet found a place where I could share videos with people who might enjoy them. Not a place to spam them as promotion, but somewhere that I could genuinely talk about my content with people and see similar stuff by other content creators.

A decade ago, forums were perfect for this, but I can't seem to find anything like that anymore. I figure something NES or retro game related would be perfect for most of my current stuff, but I don't want to do just that, so I wouldn't want to join that kind of a forum, unless I wanted to just show up and show my stuff and leave, and I'm not a spammer.

If there's anyone here who might be interested in the kind of stuff I'm producing, what kind of places do you meet people online, or is it pretty much just stuff like Facebook these days?

2. DeliciousCrackers
    Liking YTtalk
    Cash:
    $0
    I started off with gaming content and reddit helped a TON. r/videos, r/gaming , and r/newtubers are the subreds you should hit up! People there are pretty nice, and give really good feedback. You just have to be active!

3. Gary Hobbesworth
    I've Got It
    Cash:
    $122
    Not really. No one on Reddit has ever once clicked on any of my stuff. It's really not a community either, as evident from the fact that you can't even have a profile picture, so people are just random forgettable names. I don't think I'll bother going to that site anymore, it's really just a place to read news updates or ask a question, hopefully with only 30% smarmy comments.

4. DeliciousCrackers
    Liking YTtalk
    Cash:
    $0
    It works out real good for me for some reason.