Advice on creating podcasts

Bambibot

Reaction score
I am interested in the idea on podcast like shows but found that anytime I am on a podcast people try to get me to say things. For example on guy tried to get me to say I hate islam when I never said that ever. I want to avoid people attempting to try and make me say things. One of my veiwers suggested I make a podcast show.

So I thought I would ask peoples experience on hosting these things. do you find people try and manipulate what you are saying? Have you enjoyed it? Is it fairly easy finding decent guests? Do you get a lot of trolls?

Dewmonic Abyss

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I get what you mean. Some people are really bad at debating. Instead of discourse, they'll use labels, like calling you a 'snowflake' or a 'hater' or whatever. And if they're not using labels, they'll try and twist whatever you say to fit their point. As an example, someone could say 'We need safer borders' and someone else could be like 'Oh, you hate [insert country here]'? And it gets annoying.

My advice is just to invite people you know. Unless you're letting fans call-in, there's not much sense in bringing strangers on. You gotta at least know the content they make and their personality. If you get a troll, you can just disconnect them.

I did a couple episodes of a podcast, and I personally really enjoyed it. Haven't had much bad luck. Only problem is that you're doing it live. An actual conversation. If you're good at people skills, great. If you're an introvert, probably not for you.

UhoohExtra

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
When you say podcast you mean youtube live stream? Theres no harm trying if thats what your good at. Can you have mods on a live stream? That might help with problem you mentions and other stuff. I always feel bad when women do a live stream because one way or another the questions and comments that come in always seem to get saucy in their content for no reason at all from creepers.. which is really not fair on the broadcaster/youtuber.

RooThaDude

Reaction score
Mods are always great additions. Just have a sharp eye for trolls and you probably won't have a problem with them. I don't have a podcast show or host live stream shows, but I watch them and see it happen all the time. If you just stay keen to what trolls are trying to make you say and think it over in your head, you'll do fine and can just carry on with bettering the show :)

Paola Varela

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
People can be really pushy on the internet :/ I'm sorry that has happened to you. Maybe you could try and start your podcasts with a disclaimer of some sort? Like for example, "Hi! Welcome to (name of your podcast)", then you introduce the topics to cover on that session and after that say something among the lines of. "Friendly reminder that this show is not for hate-speech, just for entertainment purposes" maybe even ban the people that are doing that?