Advice on Channel Design

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Hi there! I am a fairly new YouTuber with little experience. I have posted almost 30 videos, with 14 subs... not growing at a consistent rate whatsoever. Am I YouTubing wrong?, Designing wrong?, What am I doing wrong?!?! Please help...
(You'll have to click my channel button at the end of my post to get to my channel. yttalk wouldn't allow me to put a link in the post..)

Reactions: UhoohExtra

UhoohExtra

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Hi Erin don't be discouraged. Your singing made me smile in your channel trailer. Very cool. Heres some thoughts on your channel. 1. your Channel art is Perfect ! A+ :) 2. Your editing /video content quality Awesome!.. very professional. 3. add end screens. 4. add cards. 5. share on face book (& like it), share on twtter or other social medias.

By chance I just uploaded a Vegan themed video and I'm just waiting to Pin a comment from a real life genuine Vegan!! :)

Here are some high search volume tags for your titles, description, keywords:
Vegan Recipes
Vegan Ideas
Vegan haul
Vegan Recipes for
Vegan lifestyle
Vegan Life

No1 can find your video (youtube doesn't know what they are about because you haven't told them). Example.. your video 'Go vegan grocery shopping with me has only 4 tags!. You have a limit of 500 characters. Also some of your tags will not get ranked as they are too broad. You used 'food' 'vegan' 'food haul' 'groceries'. Try adding:
Vegan ideas, vegan recipes, shopping for vegan, vegan,vegan food,vegan grocery haul,grocery shopping for vegans'
just a few... note you have more chance of ranking for a longer search term vs say Vegan. But keep the short phrases too. Try to use same key words in title, description, and tags!.

You are working really hard on your videos but you need to learn SEO. Thats all you need. Your good at the hard part which is to actually make something good quality that people will enjoy and missing the easy bit - the seo. 'Search Engine optimisation'. Watch some how to videos. Your content is good your just not flagging it properly so it can be seen. Go through all of your videos adding more tags and other things i mentions and your views should take off big time!

7. Place your Call To Action prompts CTA at beginning and end.. not just at end. More people are watching at the beginning. And it works better if you change how you ask. Don't say 'please subscribe', 'please like'. People are motivated by whats in it for them.. not you. So try 'subscribe for next how to', or 'subscribe to learn ** next time', 'subscribe so as not to miss..' etc

Hope some of that helps.

Pixel & Bracket

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
^^^^

Hard to follow that. All I have to say is I was at 100 videos and 125 subscribers at one point. Growth is very very slow in the beginning for most channels, I had nearly a 1:1 ratio of videos to subs until I got closer to 200 vids. Every genre and creator has a different experience however!

(450 vids, 28k subs now)

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I moved this to the Reviews and Channel Feedback forum. :)

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Hi Erin don't be discouraged. Your singing made me smile in your channel trailer. Very cool. Heres some thoughts on your channel. 1. your Channel art is Perfect ! A+ :) 2. Your editing /video content quality Awesome!.. very professional. 3. add end screens. 4. add cards. 5. share on face book (& like it), share on twtter or other social medias.

By chance I just uploaded a Vegan themed video and I'm just waiting to Pin a comment from a real life genuine Vegan!! :)

Vegan Recipes
Vegan Ideas
Vegan haul
Vegan Recipes for
Vegan lifestyle
Vegan Life

No1 can find your video (youtube doesn't know what they are about because you haven't told them). Example.. your video 'Go vegan grocery shopping with me has only 4 tags!. You have a limit of 500 characters. Also some of your tags will not get ranked as they are too broad. You used 'food' 'vegan' 'food haul' 'groceries'. Try adding:
Vegan ideas, vegan recipes, shopping for vegan, vegan,vegan food,vegan grocery haul,grocery shopping for vegans'
just a few... note you have more chance of ranking for a longer search term vs say Vegan. But keep the short phrases too. Try to use same key words in title, description, and tags!.

You are working really hard on your videos but you need to learn SEO. Thats all you need. Your good at the hard part which is to actually make something good quality that people will enjoy and missing the easy bit - the seo. 'Search Engine optimisation'. Watch some how to videos. Your content is good your just not flagging it properly so it can be seen. Go through all of your videos adding more tags and other things i mentions and your views should take off big time!

7. Place your Call To Action prompts CTA at beginning and end.. not just at end. More people are watching at the beginning. And it works better if you change how you ask. Don't say 'please subscribe', 'please like'. People are motivated by whats in it for them.. not you. So try 'subscribe for next how to', or 'subscribe to learn ** next time', 'subscribe so as not to miss..' etc

Hope some of that helps.
Thank you for your reply! I will definitely be looking into learning about SEO and changing when and how I say/ask for subscribing. And, yes, this will definitely help!:) Oh, and also thank you for the compliments:up2:[DOUBLEPOST=1535479562,1535479379][/DOUBLEPOST]
^^^^

Hard to follow that. All I have to say is I was at 100 videos and 125 subscribers at one point. Growth is very very slow in the beginning for most channels, I had nearly a 1:1 ratio of videos to subs until I got closer to 200 vids. Every genre and creator has a different experience however!

(450 vids, 28k subs now)
Thank you for assuring me that I'm not the only one who grows/grew very slowly:D[DOUBLEPOST=1535480859][/DOUBLEPOST]

Vegan Recipes
Vegan Ideas
Vegan haul
Vegan Recipes for
Vegan lifestyle
Vegan Life

Hope some of that helps.
Oh, yes! and ironically, I was working on my end screen last night!

Reactions: UhoohExtra