CTAC

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
The advice that i put into practice was from Destroyer3016, Evoloz, the gaming dad and gamevestment had all brilliant advice. The main thing that i took from a lot of the replies was to find a niche. I think i found a gap in the market for tips and tricks/guides and how to get started videos. It's not a huge gap but it's much larger than just creating gameplay or playthroughs as smaller creators dont get much attention from them. After thinking for a bit making informational/helpful videos that people are always looking for will be my best bet long term. If i can make them in the same way i can imagine it in my head i will be on the right track. At the moment I'm not focusing on numbers like subs but more on the content i want to produce, learning how to make better thumbnails and just making my channel more attractive. I also decided to focus on the latest games and new releases as they will be searched for the most short term and people will want these types of videos ASAP.
Yes, this is really very good advice. You're on the right track. Good luck. If you really want this and apply all your strengths and abilities to it - you will succeed.

Reactions: RuuD

Zadey

Reaction score
1. Gaming is too wide of a category. Choose a specific niche within gaming. For example "War simulation games".

2. Pick a few popular games within your niche.

3. Make interesting and valuable content for people who play that game.

You need to understand the largest market for your content. For example Rainbow Six Siege is popular and so is the clancy's division. In an older game, people may not be as interested in tips of tricks, as a lot of those videos have already been made. However there's always demand for new and interesting content on popular games.

To be honest 1000 subs is really nothing, 50k subs is the base line for a channel these days.

RuuD

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
1. Gaming is too wide of a category. Choose a specific niche within gaming. For example "War simulation games".

2. Pick a few popular games within your niche.

3. Make interesting and valuable content for people who play that game.

You need to understand the largest market for your content. For example Rainbow Six Siege is popular and so is the clancy's division. In an older game, people may not be as interested in tips of tricks, as a lot of those videos have already been made. However there's always demand for new and interesting content on popular games.

To be honest 1000 subs is really nothing, 50k subs is the base line for a channel these days.
Thanks for the advice i'll definitely take it on board. This is what i did.

1. I don't know if this is really a niche but its a specific type of gaming content. I decided i will create videos like tips and tricks,guides,how to get started and more like how to easily get cash in whatever game or how to find this special weapon. Mainly informative and helpful videos on newer games as they're always searched for.

2. I will be making these videos on the latest games that i get. For the moment i will be making videos on Metro Exodus, next week ill possibly do something on the new FarCry and in March its pretty much just The Division 2 vids from the 12th when the early access drops.

3. This goes back to point no.2, I will make informative and helpful content which helps new players. This content is always searched for even if its a year, two or maybe more old. As new people pick up the game once it goes on sale or when they have the money to spend.

I don't have any subscriber "goals" It's just a number which im not paying any attention to right now. I'm focusing on improving my editing and my ability with photoshop.

GrannyGamer

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
All good advice here, I'm also a YT noob :) I didn't know about YT maybe rejecting for monetisation due to a flooded market. Most of my lets play are voice although I've started to use the cam (for horror games). I might have to put some more thought into it and add a few different twists, they are more or less walkthroughs / tutorials and I usually call them that so hopefully that will get me over the line, when the time comes. I'm really glad I read all of this though as it will help me plan a little differently.

@RuuD Good luck with your channel, it's lots of fun!