RuuD

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
TubeBuddy is great for making thumbnails, I use rapidtags.io for my tags, but will also add some of my own. I keep all of my descriptions in similar format as well, it really saves time when uploading. What are you using to edit? Editing your videos will make a huge difference in engagement
I'm currently using Sony Vegas to edit the footage.

evoloz

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
To throw in my thoughts I'd stay clear of let's play videos or any sort of series videos, I've found I get significantly better views with standalone video that 'let's play#27)

Reactions: RuuD

Destroyer30i6

I've Got It
Reaction score
I used to do a gaming channel, I have slightly moved to comedy (still some gaming).

I found that you need to identify a few things first;
  1. Who is your content directed at?
  2. Do other people do what you are doing? if so how can you improve or find a new way of doing it?
  3. What games are you playing? They will need to be games people will enjoy watching but they also have to be games that you enjoy playing at it comes across in the content.
  4. Add a facecam as it makes you more approachable and it adds a whole extra dimension of content (funny reactions, facial expressions)
I am not an expert by any means, however, if you can identify your audience then you can target your content accordingly.

Cheers
Ger

RuuD

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I used to do a gaming channel, I have slightly moved to comedy (still some gaming).

I found that you need to identify a few things first;
  1. Who is your content directed at?
  2. Do other people do what you are doing? if so how can you improve or find a new way of doing it?
  3. What games are you playing? They will need to be games people will enjoy watching but they also have to be games that you enjoy playing at it comes across in the content.
  4. Add a facecam as it makes you more approachable and it adds a whole extra dimension of content (funny reactions, facial expressions)
I am not an expert by any means, however, if you can identify your audience then you can target your content accordingly.

Cheers
Ger
Hi Ger, thanks a lot for the advice. I've identified the direction I want to take my channel in. It will more or less be a Tips and Tricks/Guide content. What i mean by that is I will be creating videos like "Top 10 things to get you started in The Division 2" not exactly that but something along those lines, videos in which i show you how to get a rare item or just my overall opinions so far on a new release. I will be picking up Far Cry 5 next week and will mostly likely create a video called "Things i didn't expect from Far Cry The New Dawn". They will be helpful and educational videos from a gamers point of view. I find myself looking at these types of videos even after playing a game for 2 months because I want to know what I should've done to maybe be in a better position than I am at the moment (in the game). From my research I'm looking at targeting people that are definitely buying the certain game and want to know how to get of to a good start and use their time as efficiently as possible, people that are unsure whether they should or shouldn't buy the game. And players that are perhaps brand new to the franchise and want a guide to follow to get them started, that sort of ties in to the first point.[DOUBLEPOST=1550260108,1550259918][/DOUBLEPOST]
To throw in my thoughts I'd stay clear of let's play videos or any sort of series videos, I've found I get significantly better views with standalone video that 'let's play#27)
Thanks for the comment mate, I decided to move away from lets plays and go into more of a tips and tricks/guide giving channel. I think long term it will drive more traffic to my channel and i'll have a bigger audience because people are always looking for videos on that. If i ever decide I want to show a game off i'll just do a standalone video like you said.

Destroyer30i6

I've Got It
Reaction score
No worries :)

That sounds like a good idea, I imagine a lot of those videos get a decent amount of views and players will be looking for easy and quick ways to get stuff in games. I think videos that show players how to complete difficult tasks get mega views, for example, take Cod Zombies... those Easter egg videos get tons of views because people need to know how to do it.

Good luck with your channel and I hope it all works out for you :)

if you need anything, I am always happy to help

RuuD

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
No worries :)

That sounds like a good idea, I imagine a lot of those videos get a decent amount of views and players will be looking for easy and quick ways to get stuff in games. I think videos that show players how to complete difficult tasks get mega views, for example, take Cod Zombies... those Easter egg videos get tons of views because people need to know how to do it.

Good luck with your channel and I hope it all works out for you :)

if you need anything, I am always happy to help
Thanks for the kind words :)

CTAC

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Well, what advice put into practice?[DOUBLEPOST=1550441467,1550440927][/DOUBLEPOST]
That would definitely make for an interesting video :bounce:
Definitely! :biggrin:

RuuD

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Well, what advice put into practice?
The advice that i put into practice was from Destroyer3016, Evoloz, the gaming dad and gamevestment had all brilliant advice. The main thing that i took from a lot of the replies was to find a niche. I think i found a gap in the market for tips and tricks/guides and how to get started videos. It's not a huge gap but it's much larger than just creating gameplay or playthroughs as smaller creators dont get much attention from them. After thinking for a bit making informational/helpful videos that people are always looking for will be my best bet long term. If i can make them in the same way i can imagine it in my head i will be on the right track. At the moment I'm not focusing on numbers like subs but more on the content i want to produce, learning how to make better thumbnails and just making my channel more attractive. I also decided to focus on the latest games and new releases as they will be searched for the most short term and people will want these types of videos ASAP.