Advice for YouTubers with no motivation.

GucciCarry

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Even right now on some days I lose motivation but I always keep going because I know in the long run its gonna be worth it. No matter what guys never give up. Always look for ways to improve your content. Do research, talk with other yters, and improve your SEO. SEO matters A LOT I've realized that.

DriversClub

Reaction score
When I dont have motivation because people dont watch i realize one thing. I dont do this for the money. I do it because I WANT TO do it. It really helps when I think of that.

Yoursharkfriend

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer
As a youtuber with depression its hard sometime when you wake up and think whats the point. Pretty much anything you do you'll lose interest in with depression.
But i'm trying to remember that this is what makes me happy and I'm letting my creative artist come out in me. Like any already big famous Youtuber like Markiplier and Pewdiepie etc etc they've said they need to make content that makes them happy or else they don't want to make vids.
Thank you though for this advice!

RodakTV

Soldier/Youtuber
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hey everyone, wanted to make a thread to help those who feel like they aren't getting enough support on their youtube journey! I went through this and it sucked, I was extremely unmotivated and stop uploading for a while.

Let me explain my situation, so I can try to help those in need!

My channel was growing steadily, views were coming in nicely, And then it started slowing down a lot, and I mean a lot. Got like 10 subscribers a month, wasn't doing as well as I wanted.

Then some personal things happened in my life, and I honestly lost all motivation for everything, including youtube. After that, I joined the US Army to fix my life. I felt fresh and rejuvenated after I completed boot camp. I started making videos again, and I started growing steadily again.

Then I got the news I was deploying to the middle east, where I'm currently at, I was excited to go, but was unsure of what would happen to my youtube. I thought it was the end of it. Well, some really awesome youtubers made videos about me quitting youtube due to the Army, and had their viewers come show their love. Needless to say I didn't quit. And because I didn't give up on myself this time, I feel even more motivated to make videos.

What I'm getting at here is simple. If you feel like you aren't getting the support you deserve, or you lost motivation, keep on keeping on. We as content creators will all go through a phase where we have trouble coming up with ideas for videos, it's normal. Just take a little break and come back fresh! If you're feeling unmotivated, take a look through your comment section and see all the wonderful comments! It helps me when I don't feel motivated to uploaded. Don't get a lot of comments? Come to this forum, you'll get more than enough support from the awesome people here!

But don't ever give up.

Sin B

2017 blows
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I don't ever lose motivation or get offended by people's opinions or anything like that. I'm going through creator depression cause I want to get a new audio setup which is like $150 bucks for the whole set, but it's a lot for me after everything else I've gotten... so can't boost my production value, which in return means less people interested in the content an all that. Which is annoying, but yeah... The struggle is real.

DuncanT

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thank you for posting this dude! I've got this feeling quite often, now more than ever and seeing this made me realise that we all go through this and that only the ones who really want to do this survive this feeling.

Also, the tip about looking to your comments is a golden one... everytime I look at my comments I can't stop smiling because 9/10 of my comments are from people I don't know...

Last edited:
Reactions: alexoah and RodakTV

RodakTV

Soldier/Youtuber
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Thank you for posting this dude! I've got this feeling quite often, now more than ever and seeing this made me realise that we all go through this and that only the ones who really want to do this survive this feeling.

Also, the tip about looking to your comments is a goldon one... everytime I look at my comments I can't stop smiling because 9/10 of my comments are from people I don't know...
Yea man! I find myself looking at my comments whenever I haven't been in the mood, and it gets me right back on track!

Jawad Soomro

I'm a Human!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
Every YouTuber passes through this phase at least once in a lifetime. I also feel demotivated for lack of views. But my problem is I JUST WANNA HAVE FUN ON YOUTUBE. Rest I don't care. So I am uploading but without a fixed schedule. I agree, we shouldn't ever give up.

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
It's always a good thing to be reminded that people appreciate the work you do.

haley&connor

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Thanks so much for sharing your story! It is exactly what we needed to read and feel more confident in our channel :)

Reactions: RodakTV