Advice and suggestions for vlogging style?

Yachts For Sale

Yachts For Sale
Reaction score
Most of my recent videos have been "hero" videos; high production cost, time consuming productions that promote yachts that are for sale. My channel is growing nicely, and in a few weeks it should be boosted by a deal I have struck with a TV celebrity who will promote my channel on social media.

I want to capitalise on this growth by starting a weekly vlog, and the company I work for has agreed to finance a vlog that covers new events in yachting relating to the company. This would include details of yachts that are new to the market, price drops...that kind of thing. I have experimented with vlogging in the past but was never happy with the results, this is an opportunity to get the vlogs produced professionally.

The vlogging style needs to be simple, to the point, and dynamic. I shall use photos and sometimes footage of the yachts to break up the video but in between I shall be talking directly to the camera.

Who would you recommend that I look at for inspiration? I would like to send some examples of successful vloggers to my Head Office so that they get an idea of what the finished videos will look like. So far I have thought of Maria Forleo for her polished finishing, Amy Schmittauer for her overall presentation and editing...but nobody really hits the mark. Who would you recommend that I look at for inspiration? I know that I need to present with my own style, but it would be good to get a few ideas too!

Ernie Jo

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Casey Neistat has been a huge influence on vlogs, and really developed his own style and method. His videos are all basically the same, but it's a format that people like and is good, and it's a pretty plug and play model I think. He does daily vlogs but spends a lot of time on it. You should check him out!

Yachts For Sale

Yachts For Sale
Reaction score
Thanks. I was beginning to worry that my post would be one of those sad ones that slowly sinks down without getting an answer :help:

I was looking at Casey Neistat earlier this afternoon, he's one of the kings of Vlog and certainly somebody to aspire to.

To be honest I was really shocked at how many vloggers produce very poor quality stuff, or are extremely irritating, but have huge followings. I guess there's a lot to be said for producing content consistently, however good or bad the quality is!

Reactions: Ernie Jo