Famebit
  1. Join the largest paid sponsorship network. No contracts, no gimmicks, get paid quick. New sponsorships are added daily. Join at famebit.com

Dismiss Notice

Advertising on other channels (Discussion)

Discussion in 'YouTube Chat, Gossip & Help' started by Lightsen, Apr 21, 2017.

1. Lightsen
    Animation Yey!
    Cash:
    $92
    Don't you love it when someone compliments you or your video, and then ends the sentence with "check out my channel"?

Whether they realise it or not, it really ruins that compliment imo.

crying emoji.jpg
    I kept the yellow one in there just for fun.

(I have a youtube public email and have happily helped all channels that have asked me to review their work and give feedback through there, the fact they personally wrote to me proves they aren't just wanting to leech a few views from the comments section.)

This is probably the best way I can describe how it feels to get these comments imo:

1nmsua.jpg

A lot of people promote comments as a way to boost your channel, I agree, but don't say it in the comment! just be a funny, or valuable member of the community, and people will check you out on their own.
    I've checked out tons of channels from their icon alone, or their comment was helpful, funny, or i just saw them around often and wondered what they made. Never because they told me to check them out.

What's your thoughts?

2. Hazza
    Cash:
    $13
    Hi there,

This happens to me a lot too, you read the comment thinking they are giving you some good feedback on your channel but when you get to the end of the comment you realize it's just spam. People just copy and paste the same comment and they literally spend hours posting it everywhere. YouTube I think need to work harder to try and stop this. Even though it does sometimes end up in the spam section I think that they should just automatically delete it with their system. Most of YouTube is ran by an automatic system even the contact section they have. You can never get through to a proper YouTube agent unless you have loads of subscribers and watch time.

Thanks for reading this forum post and have a great day.

Best wishes for the future,
    Hazza

Farley Productions and Lightsen like this.
  3. Andreea
    Cash:
    $38
    It's kinda hard to grow your community these days. I experience it myself but I think it's maybe a moment of "what if". People try to reach to other youtubers in the hopes that maybe, just maybe, some magic will happen and instantly you'll give them 100 subscribers.
    I think the best way is to thank for the compliment and that's it. They'll never stop that's for sure but I don't know a way we can stop that. On my videos this kind of comments go directly in my spam and need approval from me to be published.

vMinti and Lightsen like this.
  4. Lightsen
    Animation Yey!
    Cash:
    $92
    yeah I found these automatically in the spam folder, I don't think they mean any harm, just hopeful for a boost. but there's certainly better ways to get that boost!

Andreea likes this.
  5. Conso1727
    Pizza pasta mandolino videogiochi
    Cash:
    $1,822
    I'll show you this one:
    Now that I started reuploading, among the comments I get these one from a guy never heard before, the first is a generic "nice video" (I have no chance to screencap it), but it was about this, then this one (both about 5 days ago, from the same guy):
    "I am not interested in sub 4 sub", yeah sure.
    Both comments went to the spam folder and I deleted them promptly.

Then today the same guy sends me this, once again landed in the spam folder:
    Now, if he happens to read this: no, I'm not interested in subscribing because you don't do stuff I'm interested in. Also, I guess it wasn't clear enough it's spam after it went straight to the spam and I ignored and deleted the comments.

Lightsen likes this.
  6. Lightsen
    Animation Yey!
    Cash:
    $92
    LOL that is some next level denial right there!

xxheathermarie likes this.
  7. adams eats
    I Love YTtalk
    Cash:
    $11
    Last week I gained 46 subscribers in 1 day off the back of one comment. @Lightsen is completely right that you should just make a comment and be part of the community. The comments I leave are there because I watched the video, I enjoyed it, and I say what I want to say. I'm quite a loquacious person so I tend to leave quite long comments. People then choose Wether they want to look at my channel or not. It's about balance.

1. Leave a comment because you want to
    2. Say something worthwhile, funny or useful. More likes and replies you get, the further up the top you'll be, which in turn makes you more visible.
    3. You shouldn't say things like 'check out my channel' as it's crass and spammy. There are other ways to let people know you're a channel. Having a bold, clear and striking avatar is one.
    4. If you still insist on letting people know you have a channel in the comment, then be subtle about it.

Hulio, Luscid, vMinti and 3 others like this.
  8. Mcrocks9
    I've Got It
    Cash:
    $53

That's what I do all the time. i have never said hey check out my channel in comment section ever.

Lightsen likes this.
  9. Lightsen
    Animation Yey!
    Cash:
    $92
    couldn't have said it better!
    avatars really make a big difference! also youtube allows you to see banners by just hovering your mouse over their icons, so thats an advertisement too :)

10. Switchbox
    Give me your food
    Cash:
    $1,762
    I hope you watched his videos.
    He was straight forward and to the point. You gotta applaud that!

Lightsen likes this.