advantages and disadvantages of becoming a YouTube Partner?

Z3 Mast3r

Pro Gamer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Reviewer, Designer
What are the advantages and disadvantages of becoming a YouTube Partner?

Video Muncher

Some Gamer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
okayy..
Advantages - A banner on your channel, customized thumbnails, grow your channel, and a small income (very, very small)
Disadvantages - Your tied into a contract, normally have to put the network in your banner and other channels, there are requirements, a lot of them you have to be 18 +, :D hope it helped

Reactions: Geoff and VlogRays

Symph

I'm a dude with a face and I know how to use it.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer
Yeah be glad that dude responded first, cause I would have taken 8 sentences to say what he did in two lol

VlogRays

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Don't forget protection from Adsense if you become a network partner. If you want to make money on youtube it's the only way.

Reactions: Josh Adams

VlogRays

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Oh and with most networks (not all) you're allowed to monetize video game videos. If you're not a partner and monetize gaming videos you will get your adsense account banned for sure since it's against TOS. Hell you will get your adsense account banned if you look at google the wrong way. They are notorious for banning accounts for no reason. And once your adsense account get's disabled you can never become partner with that channel.

NerdzSquared

Super Poster
Reaction score
Yess.. Adsense protection is a major bonus..
You don't want to have trolls on your channel spamming and clicking bombing you...
Your network will protect against that.

JosPlays

Just being AWESOME
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Oh and with most networks (not all) you're allowed to monetize video game videos. If you're not a partner and monetize gaming videos you will get your adsense account banned for sure since it's against TOS. Hell you will get your adsense account banned if you look at google the wrong way. They are notorious for banning accounts for no reason. And once your adsense account get's disabled you can never become partner with that channel.
Unless you find a way to unlink your adsense from your youtube, that was only done by the best (Like me) But it's better to get a network for that also for fast help. They have great experiance and can help you with alot of things also some offer free music.

Reactions: Josh Adams