Adsense will no longer be showing Youtube Metrics in 2018?

Hulio

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Checking my adsense numbers, I see that they say "Please note that early next year AdSense will no longer show YouTube metrics".

I find that quite disappointing. The ad revenue numbers in Youtube analytics are just approximations... It was nice to see how things were actually going...

The NotARubicon!

NotARubicon Productions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
The numbers were always so hidden/buried in Adsense i never bothered hunting for them.. and, AFAIK, after the 15th of the month, the analytics were finalized and not approximations..
I am also going to assume/guess/hope that Youtube will improve the presentation of the stats now that it’s the only place to find them.

Rod71

I've Got It
Reaction score
Yeah not great. But I found the dollar amount from Google was always 10% more than what I actually got per month.

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Its annoying but at the same time I am quite relieved as I used to check it 20 times a day.

Reactions: Hulio and chottom

nad

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Its annoying but at the same time I am quite relieved as I used to check it 20 times a day.
I used to do that in the first two years of having my channel. Checking every hour whether I gained a few cent again :D
Now I don't use AdSense at all anymore so it doesn't bother me that they stop it. My income is pretty stable so there are no surprises anymore anyway.

AceOfBats

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Adsense has rarely been useful to me. Now I only use YouTube so that might be a part of it too, but I've never noticed any hard "Clicks" or whatever. So, sure, simplify AdSense. That'll just be my final number I guess.

Hirudov

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Somebody at AdSense team forgot to change the text and it still says early next year. As we are already 5 days in 2018, next year would mean 2019.

More seriously, recently I see the estimated earnings report in YouTube are getting updated faster and faster and now it is with only 1 day delay, so what will disappear from AdSense (The real time estimate) is partially compensated by YouTube's Analytics, so no need to worry at all.

kaybiel

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
But why would they do that?