Adsense Suspension?

Sydney Lee

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Adsense suspended me for 30 days, I just started :/ I didn't click on my own ads. I do go to my channel to work on it but that is all. Now they said to fix it before it is reactivated or lose it all together. How can I fix something that I don't know how to fix or what the real problem is?? I shared my channel with family and friends and social media. I thought I followed all the rules. What I find so discouraging is knowing that whatever happened can happen again and there is nothing that I can do. Any ideas or suggestions?? Is there another company besides adsense? Someone mentioned that the ip addresses could be the reason. How is that?
Any help is appreciated but no mean comments please.

The NotARubicon!

NotARubicon Productions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
You havn't told us why they suspended the account. We can't help you without knowing that tiny tidbit of information.

Sydney Lee

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It said, We found that you were clicking on your own AdSense ads, which is prohibited by the Adsense policies. But I didn't click on my ads, why would anyone do that? So if I didn't do that and it gets reactivated in 30 days, how can I avoid this happening again?[DOUBLEPOST=1490648966,1490647340][/DOUBLEPOST]I was also wondering of going to my parents house and sharing wifi/ip address could make it look that way? But they have their own google accounts :/

The NotARubicon!

NotARubicon Productions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
I'm fairly new to monetizing YouTube but have been (very successfully) monetizing websites with Adsense for over 10 years - and the FIRST RULE of Adsense has always been "dont tell your friends and family about your website".
The reason is that there will always be that ONE family member or friend that wants to "help" you by clicking on all of your ads. Adsense will detect those clicks as fraudulent.. IF that person does their clicking from and IP address or computer that you also use, then they will detect that as YOU clicking your own ads.

Sydney Lee

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thank you, thank you! One more question please. I know this will sound stupid but is there a way my family can watch my videos? I'm in college and I'm sure they are just watching them to see me. And can you explain to me what "clicking" on a ad means. Can you just watch the ad till the video start? I really appreciate your input!

The NotARubicon!

NotARubicon Productions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
Yes, there is a way your family can watch your videos.. Tell them to WATCH, but dont CLICK.. It's ok to click where it says "Click here to skip ad", but not on any of the advertisements pop up.
Clicking an ad means, pointing your mouse at the little advertisement that pops up, and clicking the mouse button.

Reactions: Sydney Lee

Sydney Lee

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Okay great! I can get them straight now. Help or no help I can easily explain it to them.
Thanks again, your the best!