Adsense question/help

Drop Zone

Reaction score
I recently unlinked from my network (Freedom) and I decided to try out getting paid by Google AdSense directly. I'm trying to figure out how to link it but it says I have an AdSense account linked.

You currently have the following AdSense account associated:

Adsense Id: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Date Associated: July 1, 2015 at 8:54 PM

If you would like to update your AdSense account, click the "Change" button below. You will be redirected to AdSense and once you have completed the process, you will be redirected back to YouTube.

I clicked and "change" to edit my AdSense account to change payment methods, etc. But when it asks me to login I get this message:

You are currently signed into the Google Account xxxxxxxxx@gmail.com, which is either not an active AdSense account, or still pending an approval. This account cannot be used to monetize your content.

I don't understand why it says that when it says that my adsense account is active. I'm signing in with the gmail account associated with my channel.

Does anyone know why I'm getting this message/error?

Acidicfriend

magic music master, crazy commentator guy
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Since it's not your music, adsense may cause tons of copyright problems

Drop Zone

Reaction score
Since it's not your music, adsense may cause tons of copyright problems
Well I get permission from the artists and labels. I don't mind joining another network. As long as it's not Freedom lol. Do you recommend any other ones?

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Moved to the monetization forum. :)

crazyjere

Reaction score
I recently unlinked from my network (Freedom) and I decided to try out getting paid by Google AdSense directly. I'm trying to figure out how to link it but it says I have an AdSense account linked.

You currently have the following AdSense account associated:

Adsense Id: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Date Associated: July 1, 2015 at 8:54 PM

If you would like to update your AdSense account, click the "Change" button below. You will be redirected to AdSense and once you have completed the process, you will be redirected back to YouTube.

I clicked and "change" to edit my AdSense account to change payment methods, etc. But when it asks me to login I get this message:

You are currently signed into the Google Account xxxxxxxxx@gmail.com, which is either not an active AdSense account, or still pending an approval. This account cannot be used to monetize your content.

I don't understand why it says that when it says that my adsense account is active. I'm signing in with the gmail account associated with my channel.

Does anyone know why I'm getting this message/error?
You need to check that the gmail that is associated with your channel has indeed had an Adsense account opened and approved before you attempt to use it for your channel.

And lets say you did already have an Adsense account opened with that Gmail, you have to check if its an Adsense account for Hosted Content (ie, Youtube, Admob, other google products) or if its an Adsense account for a website (ie. your own domain with Google's ads on it).

I faced the same error message when I tried to link my gmail whose Adsense account was opened under Google Admob instead of Youtube, and basically you need to close that Adsense account to open another one under Youtube.