AdSense payment problem

Vanilora

Reaction score
Hey everyone, newb here with newb question.

I hold back my payments in Adsense until I reach a reasonnable amount and in May I decided to recieve my first payment. I got an email today that they sent the payment but to my surprise they didn't send me all money I had there but only the amount I earned from creating my channel until March 31st. And all money I earned for April stayed untouched and still sit there. So how exactly does it work? I was under impression that in May I will receive money from April and older but somehow April didn't get included.

Thanks for the replies.

Yachts For Sale

Yachts For Sale
Reaction score
Hi Vanilora,

and welcome to the forum!

I'm going to take a guess at this...I may be wrong.

I think that YouTube holds back revenue until it has been verified as correct. I have read comments on other threads from creators who have seen earnings removed from the analytics page on their channel and have questioned how this could be possible. The answer has usually been that YouTube releases an estimated figure to the analytics page and then verifies it.

I would have thought that before releasing funds to adsense the figure should already have been verified. I'm not sure though, as I say, just a guess.

Reactions: videoeditgr

Vanilora

Reaction score
Hi Vanilora,

and welcome to the forum!

I'm going to take a guess at this...I may be wrong.

I think that YouTube holds back revenue until it has been verified as correct. I have read comments on other threads from creators who have seen earnings removed from the analytics page on their channel and have questioned how this could be possible. The answer has usually been that YouTube releases an estimated figure to the analytics page and then verifies it.

I would have thought that before releasing funds to adsense the figure should already have been verified. I'm not sure though, as I say, just a guess.
Hey,
thanks! I don't think it may be it. It didn't really disappear, I just got money for March while April is still there unpaid. March was the first month I reached the quota limit for payment so my guess is they need to pay the months with reached quota separately. One payment for March and one for April. So I might maybe still expect payment number two in May for April? Who knows. It left me a bit confused because I expected the whole payment for months I was holding at once and couldn't really find an answer for this anywhere.

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
Had that April money finalized in Adsense by the time they sent it? The Estimated Revenue total isn't what you get at the end of the day. It's the finalized Adsense total that counts; and finalization usually takes place between the 15th and 25th of each month.

If you've already been sent one payment, and your April revenue total will be below the payment threshold for your country of residence, unfortunately you'll have to let it sit there and build up to threshold again.

Reactions: videoeditgr

Vanilora

Reaction score
Had that April money finalized in Adsense by the time they sent it? The Estimated Revenue total isn't what you get at the end of the day. It's the finalized Adsense total that counts; and finalization usually takes place between the 15th and 25th of each month.

If you've already been sent one payment, and your April revenue total will be below the payment threshold for your country of residence, unfortunately you'll have to let it sit there and build up to threshold again.
I did get in the end two payments in one month. One around 15th for March (and the months before - March was the first month when I reached the quota) and one around 25th for April (when I also reached the quota).