AdSense nudity and monetization?

FoxJones

Reaction score
Hi, I make videos about indigenous peoples around the word and sometimes you see some nudity. Can I publish them on youtube and to get monetization? I would like to know if AdSense excludes them from monetization or not.
I remember AdSense was severe still some time ago.
I'd like to create a "Playlis" and to get some money with them but I don't know if it's possible.
Thank you

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Moved to the networks / monetization forum. :)

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
I just saw this same thread in a search of the AdSense Community Forums!

1. Playlists never generate money for you, unless they are created from your own videos; and if your channel isn't monetized, this is an impossibility.

2. You need to read and understand the AdSense Content Policy I have linked below.

Last edited:

FoxJones

Reaction score
Hey, thanks for your reply but I still don't understand. I'm sorry. In your opinion is it possible to monetize this video?
I shoot and make all the videos. I'm a solitary traveller and I travel arond the world searching indigenous people toward extinction. They are natural peoples with their natural clothes. I don't see any nudity on them but if AdSense is so dull in mind and it doesn't like my videos ,I will not add any video, no problem!
I'd like to red your opinion,
thanks

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
If I could actually see the video, perhaps I could tell you. But you've disabled playback on other sites.

Ok I've gone to the video's YouTube page. There is another problem here, besides the nudity. Did you have these tribesmen/tribesladies sign Model Releases that not only gave you permission to use their images in your videos, but also allowed you to make money from those images? This is called Publicity Rights Clearance.

You are also a very long way from being able to apply to join the YouTube Partner Programme. You need 1000 or more subscribers and 4000 watch time hours in the past 365 days, just to apply.

Since you say you didn't understand the article I linked, here is a video version of the AdSense Adult Content Policy Overview.

Last edited:

FoxJones

Reaction score
>But you've disabled playback on other sites.
What do you mean please? What did I disable and where?

>You are also a very long way from being able to apply to join the YouTube Partner Programme.
They didn't have a pen to sign permission to use their images. ;)

>You are also a very long way from being able to apply to join the YouTube Partner Programme.
I before need to understand and then I will add other videos.

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
What do you mean please? What did I disable and where?
If you click the play button on the your own video you linked, you will see that the video will not play; and specifically says that the uploader has disabled playback on external sites. This is a setting which can be changed in the edit section of each video.
They didn't have a pen to sign permission to use their images. ;)
That doesn't release you from the responsibility. YouTube's Terms of Service state that you cannot upload media unless all relevant rights have been cleared, including publicity rights.
I before need to understand and then I will add other videos.
I am trying hard to give you the understanding you need. From the exchange so far however, I'd say you are trying for a "built for monetization 'and to hell with the rules' channel". This doesn't usually work under the current content guidelines for monetization, I'm afraid.

Last edited:

FoxJones

Reaction score
If you click the play button on the your own video you linked, you will see that the video will not play; and specifically says that the uploader has disabled playback on external sites. This is a setting which can be changed in the edit section of each video.
Please, I need your help because I don't understand what I have to do precisely. I think it is my english barrier.
I have clicked on the link of the video I posted and I see my video without problems. I have also noticed it totaled 92 views on my Playlist. I don't see anything I can change on settings section. Where is it please?

That doesn't release you from the responsibility. YouTube's Terms of Service state that you cannot upload media unless all relevant rights have been cleared, including publicity rights.
If I had that permission, where should I add it in my video? I don't see this option.

I am trying hard to give you the understanding you need. From the exchange so far however, I'd say you are trying for a "built for monetization 'and to hell with the rules' channel". This doesn't usually work under the current content guidelines for monetization, I'm afraid.
I repeat, I'd like to follow those guidelines for monetization but I don't know where I can add those rules to my videos. I have many videos to post but but before I would like to understand.
I thank you.

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
All right; as I've already said, I am trying to help. First, I will post what I see when I try to view the video you embedded in your post.

You can see it because it is your own video. Now, I will get the setting you need to change from my own Creator Studio. I sincerely hope you haven't gone to YouTube Studio as the setting area is different, and I don't know it myself. The first thing you need to do is go to your Video Manager. Look to the immediate right of the video you wish to edit; there will be a button called Edit. Click that and you will see the following controls below a playable version of your video. Click the one I've circled.

Now, you will see the screen below. I've set this video to match the setting on yours which prevents others from playing it. You will want to check the unchecked box.

As this is obviously going to take more discussion than I thought, please allow me to make a small suggestion?
Please at least learn to properly USE YouTube as a creator before you start worrying about monetization! It would seem that you don't even know the upload set-up controls as well as you should in order to manage a channel.

I'll answer more of your reply when you've dealt with the embedded video problem. I'll check back after lunch to see if you've done it.

Canadian Joy

Reaction score
Website
www3.sympatico.ca
Channel Type
Animator
You need to read and understand the Ad Sense Content Policy.
YouTube is very strict when it comes to adult contents and this will definitely demonetize your video clips and possibly shut down your channel permanently