Ads now at the end of videos?

Outdoorfan

I rarely watch my own videos, but I went through a few and found that on many of my <10min videos the ads were placed at the end! Is this something new? I thought ads by default always were placed at the beginning of these shorter videos. Can someone confirm this? Thanks

No I can't confirm this; but you should never watch your own ad-bearing videos. You could get your AdSense disabled for invalid traffic.

Thanks! Well you can watch them as long as you don't watch/click on the ads.

As I can't remember seen ads placed only at the end of others videos (less than 10min long) I was thinking that maybe teh little yellow ad-marker are placed differently when watching your own ones. It doesn't make sense why YT wouldn't place them in the beginning as that would generate much more revenue.

Here's one example where I see the ad-marker only at the end:
youtube.com/watch?v=900j-O6F3h0

Last edited:
You can see what ads are available on each of your videos by going into the "monetization" tab on the "edit" options for each video via creator studio.

Thanks. Yes, and there it says ads are placed 'before video', which doesn't make it any less strange... :) I'm starting to think ads are shown different when watching your own videos. That's why I'd like to hear others experience with this.

Back