AdRev

UnoriginalGam3s

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
One of our videos was reported for copyright about a day ago with one of our recent uploads. The prosecutor was none other than AdRev. I'm sure some of you may know them well by now or maybe not. I heard many many bad things about them falsely accusing videos and such. I disputed it and it was okay to use that very day. It was quick and easy but I was wondering do they come around every so often? Is this a monthly thing I'm going to have to expect being a YouTuber?

ConnersCraft

I Make Video Games... :)
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Being as they own the rights to content ID almost any song ever, if you use music in your videos you will probably have to deal with them often... You should never have any problems if you have proper rights to use all the content in your videos.

UnoriginalGam3s

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Being as they own the rights to content ID almost any song ever, if you use music in your videos you will probably have to deal with them often... You should never have any problems if you have proper rights to use all the content in your videos.
Ah, I see make sure to keep that in mind. Thanks for the explanation.

UnoriginalGam3s

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Never heard of them! I guess it's a good thing that I haven't.
I guess so. It was on one of our Super Meat Boy videos. Disputed it with the fair use law. Hopefully you don't have a run in with them. If you do hopefully they will be fast in solving your issue like they were with ours.

UnoriginalGam3s

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
To help speed things up for you contact them directly and give them as much info as you can and they will release the claim:
Thanks, I knew that they had to have a website somewhere. Thanks, for the info.

Reactions: Michael

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thanks, I knew that they had to have a website somewhere. Thanks, for the info.
No problem, I got a claim released just the other day by contacting them directly, very happy to help too :)