AdRev For a 3rd Party - Third Party Copyright Notice

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Have you got a matched third party copyright notice claim on your YouTube video saying there’s a claim on your video regarding the music in it by AdRev For a 3rd Party? You're in luck and sorting this out is usually very straight forward.

dispute-rejected.jpg

AdRev is a company which provides content ID services to companies such as AudioMicro to prevent content which isn't licensed for usage being used by creators. They also provide the same services to other companies so you might find a completely unrelated video ends up with a dispute but don't panic, we can sort it out.

A lot of the time the claim on your video is most likely illegitimate leading to a lot of frustration and confusion, try your best not to be alarmed by it and work to sort it out. You can receive them from numerous companies for video and audio content and you can dispute them or acknowledge them.

For the sake of this thread I am going to assume you have a claim/matched third party content copyright notice regarding AudioMicro music and your channel is partnered with a network that provides AudioMicro access and you have received a claim on one of your videos from AdRev for a third party.

If you have been given access to AudioMicro music because your channel is partnered with a network you will be able to dispute their claim, if you have purchased the music to use commercially (monetized) in your videos directly from them you will also be able to dispute it. As long as you have the proper rights you can dispute any claim.

For those with or who have been with Fullscreen please note that they have confirmed with myself that the music license with AudioMicro is in perpetuity meaning you can leave Fullscreen and have the videos using the music monetized whilst partnered elsewhere be it YouTube directly or another network but you cannot upload new videos using the music you downloaded while with them after being released by them. At this time I am unsure if this applies to all other networks who provide an audio library from AudioMicro but make sure to ask them and let us know if you find out below so we all know where we stand with other YouTube networks who give their partners AudioMicro access. Now let’s get onto sorting this out for you.

When you first receive the claim you can either acknowledge or dispute the claim. Assuming you wish to dispute it because you have the rights/license to use the music you can either dispute the claim following instructions on YouTube which many people will prefer to do or directly via their website:

http://www.adrev.net/contact-us

At the link above let them know your name, video URL that is being disputed and let them know you are partnered or were partnered with a network that provides AudioMicro access and that you have the necessary rights to use the music in your videos or let them know you have purchased the music to use directly from AudioMicro or have necessary permissions.

In my case I wasn't with a network but I had full written consent to use the music piece by the music author who also sells his music on AudioMicro, I sent them his written consent as an attachment as proof.

AdRev released the claim on one of mine in around 1 day and come across as willing to help with the problem so if you are having this too, don't panic, get in touch with them and get it fixed and remember, it’s not just you and this can happen multiple times a year for some people :)

If you decide to go the YouTube route to deal with this and you find that your dispute has been rejected and you need to appeal it, I suggest getting in touch with them via the link above to get it sorted out quickly as possible or make sure you have as much information as possible to prove and show that you have the rights to the music in your video.

I hope this helps some people out, good luck getting your claim(s) released!

claim-released.jpg

If you have more questions regarding copyright issues, claims, strikes, legal issues and all other related subjects please create a new thread here:

http://yttalk.com/forums/copyright-claims-strikes-legal-discussion.79/

Thanks for reading.

NIP

Raaawrrr Raaaaawwrr Raaaaaawrr!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Great tips! Thanks!

Reactions: Michael

JustGamingFPS

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thx man but I try to keep my content squeaky clean !

Video Cranker

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I did not realize there was a link to contact AdRev directly, very useful, thanks!

Reactions: Michael

fattmat

Devourer of Cake + Crumpets
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
I used to get those all the time, even one time where my video had no music, and only minecraft gameplay. Some people are just born evil :eek: