Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2017

Dismal Bliss

www.BDRC.tv
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Hello everybody,

I am testing Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2017. Formerly I used Premiere Elements 13. I must say that I like it already. Although I preferred the old scissor tool over Pro's razor tool, being able to select snippets from the source to be entered into the Timeline, instead of doing all your cutting in the Timeline, is a time savor indeed. Audio wasn't as straightforward either but I did get the hang of it.

I have a feeling though it's just a matter of time to learn my way around, learn some keyboard shortcuts, etc, and I will be cruising along with my editing. I can tell I have some advanced powers now, lol.

The downside is the subscription model. I will end up paying $19 per month for this if I decided to keep it, but I am leaning towards doing so. I'm almost desiring to pay for the whole suite just to see what my possiblities are.

So anyway, if anybody else is using this, let me know. I would be interested in learning and sharing tips and tricks as I move forward.

Blunt Brittany

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I decided to stay with Elements 13 because I felt like it did practically the same stuff for a fraction of the cost and I also prefer the cut tool. For what edit, it just seemed most practical to me to stick with Elements :)

Dismal Bliss

www.BDRC.tv
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I decided to stay with Elements 13 because I felt like it did practically the same stuff for a fraction of the cost and I also prefer the cut tool. For what edit, it just seemed most practical to me to stick with Elements :)
I totally understand that. If I decide to keep this, the subscription model will translate into $240 per year, which is 4 times the cost of Premiere Elements.

Part of my giving it a try was because it takes advantage of GPU acceleration in rendering and while working on the timeline, whereas Elements only utilizes the GPU. I would get some lag while editing that would annoy the snot out of me. I've since bought a more powerful computer, which helped tremendously, but I wanted to give this a try also.

Reactions: Blunt Brittany

Kevin Muldoon

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I've been using Premier Pro for a few years now and don't think I could use anything else. It does crash from time to time but it saves me a huge amount of time.

A few months ago I upgraded to the full suite. I'm not using after effects much, but it's there when I need it. However, i use Photoshop every day and Audition comes in handy sometimes too.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Reactions: Dismal Bliss