Adding a watermark in Premiere pro without a 10hr export?

WolfWraith

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
How do I do it? I tried just adding text which says "Andrew'sGamingWorld" to the bottom left corner of the screen but when I try to export the video, which is only 15mins long, it says 7hrs+ to export. When I remove the text, it takes like 20mins lol Usually what I would do is render any effects in the timeline and then use previews to export but the problem is this takes up space on my SSD and I have to delete the rendered files everytime.

Is there a technique to make the watermark so that it shows a yellow bar and not a red 1?

Before you suggest turning off certain settings, I use VBR2, Render at maximum bit depth, Use maximum render quality and use previews (which only applies if I use render effects prior) and this is because I already record in 7mbps so I need as much quality as I can get when I export at 5mbps. I've tried using CBR and VBR1 but I still notice a lot of pixelation happening and with VBR2 it removes a lot of that.[DOUBLEPOST=1389245386,1389245250][/DOUBLEPOST]Here's a pic of the settings and the yellow bar I'm talking about to the right.

Attachments

Lilikoi Juice

I do all my own graphics!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer, Commentator
You could try making a 1920 x 1080 PNG or a simple watermark logo overlay file instead. I'm not familiar with Premier Pro so that is all I have to offer as a solution. :unsure2:

WolfWraith

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
You could try making a 1920 x 1080 PNG or a simple watermark logo overlay file instead. I'm not familiar with Premier Pro so that is all I have to offer as a solution. :unsure2:
Yeah unfortunately those still require being rendered seperately, I've even tried exporting the title and it does the same. I tried exporting a video via AE with a transparent background so it would give me just the text overlay but after like 2-3% render the file was like 2gb, that was for an AVI though. I've tried creating a sequence as well with the text in there. I looked it up and no 1 really has a definitive way to export faster without reducing quality but some people are saying it might be a problem with CS6 premiere -.- I know I need more RAM but 8GB, 8 Cores and a 660Ti is more than enough for a video without any major effects. Just to add some text on top of a video shouldn't take 7hrs. >.>

Aviticus_Dragon

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
Your best bet is to make the graphic in another program like after effects, export it from after effects as a rendered movie, then import it into Adobe Premiere. Then put it on a separate timeline.

You could also add the text in premiere, then export 10 seconds of the text as if you were exporting the video. This will make it a .mp4 file, or whatever file you are using as your final export. Once you have that, import the .mp4 file (of just your text) back into premiere and drop the 10 second clip on a second video line. It should be yellow and not "red" as needing to be rendered. To make it longer, right click on the clip, select "frame hold - marker O" if I remember correctly. It's not in front of me so I can't remember the exact text. You'll then be able to drag the effect however long you want.

Edit: If you are just doing "Text", instead of exporting it as a .mp4 file, just do .png, or .jpg. Then you can re-import it and do the same thing as above. What I mentioned above was really for movie clips playing on top of each other.

WolfWraith

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
Your best bet is to make the graphic in another program like after effects, export it from after effects as a rendered movie, then import it into Adobe Premiere. Then put it on a separate timeline.
I tried that method but it was too big a file after 2% it was like 2gb. So I left AE alone lol
You could also add the text in premiere, then export 10 seconds of the text as if you were exporting the video. This will make it a .mp4 file, or whatever file you are using as your final export. Once you have that, import the .mp4 file (of just your text) back into premiere and drop the 10 second clip on a second video line. It should be yellow and not "red" as needing to be rendered. To make it longer, right click on the clip, select "frame hold - marker O" if I remember correctly. It's not in front of me so I can't remember the exact text. You'll then be able to drag the effect however long you want.
Is there a way to export it as a .mp4 but with a transparent background? I tried a few different file types but they all wanted to give me a 20gb file lol

Aviticus_Dragon

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
I tried that method but it was too big a file after 2% it was like 2gb. So I left AE alone lol

Is there a way to export it as a .mp4 but with a transparent background? I tried a few different file types but they all wanted to give me a 20gb file lol
Andrew - download Lagarith Lossless codec (do a search). It's the best codec. It literally shrinks files and keeps the quality the same. Re-try your export in after effects, but select the lagarith codec before you export your video. It's in the options on the video export screen. That should keep the file sizes down.

However, just make some text in photoshop, or in premiere, then save it as a .jpg, or .png, then import it back into your premiere project. That should work just fine.[DOUBLEPOST=1389280895,1389280692][/DOUBLEPOST]

For the transparent background - do a search for "Exporting video in after effects with transparent alpha channel". I can't remember off the top of my head but you have to export the video in after effects a certain way. You can do it, but I can't remember the method right now.

ARTFXSTUDIOS

Music producer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Guru, Reviewer
Why don't you make the watermark as a still title inside Premiere? You can even add shapes and what not to them so you can have a text in a semi-transparent box or anything. That title is then placed on the timeline, it's not a video or image file so it shouldn't add too much to the render time.

WolfWraith

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
Why don't you make the watermark as a still title inside Premiere? You can even add shapes and what not to them so you can have a text in a semi-transparent box or anything. That title is then placed on the timeline, it's not a video or image file so it shouldn't add too much to the render time.
That's exactly what I was doing though, it was just text that said "andrew's gaming world" and I thought it would be fine but when I went back to check the video during export it had only done like 10% and said 7hrs left, I know it's an estimate but normally Premiere is good with estimates xD
Andrew - download Lagarith Lossless codec (do a search). It's the best codec. It literally shrinks files and keeps the quality the same. Re-try your export in after effects, but select the lagarith codec before you export your video. It's in the options on the video export screen. That should keep the file sizes down.
However, just make some text in photoshop, or in premiere, then save it as a .jpg, or .png, then import it back into your premiere project. That should work just fine.[DOUBLEPOST=1389280895,1389280692][/DOUBLEPOST]
For the transparent background - do a search for "Exporting video in after effects with transparent alpha channel". I can't remember off the top of my head but you have to export the video in after effects a certain way. You can do it, but I can't remember the method right now.
I already tried the .png method, still requires the same export times for some reason. I just don't understand why some text would require so much effort lol I'll try the codec you suggested too. Would the Lagarith codec help with pre-rendering the effects on premiere so the timeline was yellow? I already tried the after effects method with the alpha channel but I'll see if I can try with the new codec too.[DOUBLEPOST=1389327846][/DOUBLEPOST]I can't find the codec in AE unfortunately, after installing it and rebooting the PC. Looks like I'm just going to have to pre-render the stuff. I don't understand why 3 words would take up 20gb+ though :/

WolfWraith

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
What specs does your pc have?
8 core cpu FX 8150
8gb ram which I know I need more but that's primarily for AE
660TI 2gb
The specs should be more than enough, bar the fact I'm using AMD instead intel which does this kind of thing better but that's usually more noticable on their 2011 sockets lol. I tried pre-rendering the video with the text there and it reduced the time down to 1hr for export. I was also able to find the codec in premiere pro but not in the export options.