Addicted to analytics, going cold turkey

babyteeth4

Taking over the world... ...one kid at a time!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
That's one of the problems with YouTube is that it's way too easy to keep score in terms of views and subs and revenue, and way too easy to let that dictate your mood because after all it's natural to say higher numbers are "good" and lower numbers are "bad". That's why I'm trying to get away from that because it doesn't say anything about the quality of the videos, or what I can do today to change things. Once the video is done and uploaded it's out of my hands and I want to focus on the next thing.

AseAndBaconGaming

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger, Gamer, Commentator
Also it's important to be patient. I keep thinking I should be getting max views on a video within one day of posting it, even though I know logically that it takes a day or too for the views to come in. I think patience is also an important part of it in that case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: babyteeth4

Hulio

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I look at mine every morning pretty faithfully/obsessively... then maybe I look at realtime analytics a few times a day too : )

FunWithTheBugs

I've Got It
Reaction score
I have never really looked at my analytics much. I make the best content as I can that I think is entertaining to our target audience. The problem is, our videos rarely get in front of our target audience so looking at our analytics would not tell us much at all. Our target audience being kids, but we have not been able to get to them so all we continually get is other channels basically commenting on our vids and promoting themselves. So they comment and leave as fast as they can so can't really base anything on numbers at this point.

Awesome channel by the way @babyteeth4 .....

babyteeth4

Taking over the world... ...one kid at a time!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I cheated a little today...I couldn't help noticing the views on today's upload were way higher than I expected, so I peeked at Realtime views. A short lapse!