Addicted to analytics, going cold turkey

markkaz

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I look at Analytics every day but only to get a feeling for what is going on. I don't spend a lot of time drilling down and getting specific detailed information. It's not like we can really control what's going on anyway.

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
...and in one small post I've accidentally ruined the OP message xD
That tip helped so much! For the longest time I sort of gave up trying to compare some of the statistics.... Some of my videos are super long and blow all the numbers out of proportion, and then the rest of the videos are 1 - 2 minutes..lol... >.> Now I can finally separate them and see what on earth is going on! :D

nad

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I check my analytics several times a day as well. But not because I want to figure out how to get more views but simply because I love statistics and graphs and all that stuff. And also because it makes me happy to see how well my videos are doing. I never got moody because of view count drops. My daily views are very stable, so there wouldn't be much reason to get moody anyway.

Reactions: babyteeth4

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
You actually have a real channel that people watch. I don't know how I couldn't use analytics. But if it rounds off to the nearest 1000, it wouldn't be that exciting for me anymore. I'd just be happy with that

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I use it from time to time but iam not addictet at all:)
I think the time could be spent better on creating scripts and new videos.
But again, some times I swing by my analytics page to see whats going on:up2:

AseAndBaconGaming

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger, Gamer, Commentator
Man, being on the climb to 1,000 subscribers makes analytics a nightmare. I want to keep checking and have to keep telling myself not to! I just want people to comment on things, so instead of harping on the analytics, when I feel that way, I'll go to a friend's channel and strike up a conversation there instead. I don't know why, but it helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

babyteeth4

Taking over the world... ...one kid at a time!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Just checking in, so far I have nearly made it a full week without looking at analytics! I can't help noticing the view count if I pull up one of my own videos but that doesn't count!

Anyway, it still feels a little weird not checking all the time, but on the other hand it has helped me not be so anxious about how many views I've been getting (or not getting) all the time. I think that for me it was just too much of a compulsion for me to constantly be checking it, with no real immediate benefit that I could act upon.

Julia and Claire

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
We do look at our analytics more than we probably should. Sometimes if we aren't growing very much, and then decide to check them and then see that we gained a subscriber, then we start checking them again more. This is pretty much how the cycle works for us.

Julia and Claire

YAOG

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I think that for me it was just too much of a compulsion for me to constantly be checking it, with no real immediate benefit that I could act upon.
For me I was always content when things were going well, but there was always this feeling wondering when the other shoe was going to drop, and when it would, it would cause me anxiety. Still, there are other ways of noticing if there has been a significant change in number of views and obviously any change in revenue, so when that happens I'm too curious as to why so I have to delve into the analytics.

Itsvictorslife

Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
I'm a new channel and Ive found out the hard way that looking at my analytics can make or break my mood. There are times when I'll be in the best of moods until I load my watch time/audience retention page, then all the joy I feel gets replaced by depression. lol. When my channel gets bigger I'm never going to look at my watch time page again.