Ad revenue while banned? Also, should I appeal, perhaps?

James Doppler

Sir Trollingsworth the 7th
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Other
I'm about halfway through a two week ban for strike 2 on community guidelines. Three of my videos got deleted, one for guidelines, the other two for copyright because some politically correct people with no sense of humor started harassing me and even a death threat came from it. This gave me a strike on each. I added a URL to my channel as a watermark at the bottom corner of these videos and uploaded them to a file host and a torrent site, made a video telling them they could distribute them however they wanted, and put the links in the description. This earned me my second strike. I uploaded a video just before I got banned, and it's gotten views. Will I still get my revenue even though I'm banned? Will I log back on in a week and see that my earnings have gone up a bit? I don't suppose appealing it would do any good.

Also, I think it's absolutely ridiculous not to let me look at my earnings or even view videos from my account. It's not I can't log out and still watch videos or see how many views I've gotten. They could have blocked me from uploading vids, commenting, editing my channel, or if they were really p****d, viewing my analytics, but the rest is just redundant because, as I said, logging out allows me to browse the site again. It just takes me to and keeps me at the warning page when I log in.

XiaoK

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
if the video is being blocked, revenue will be lost, as far as i know

James Doppler

Sir Trollingsworth the 7th
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Other
if the video is being blocked, revenue will be lost, as far as i know
I meant my videos in general, the one that was removed is gone. My channel is still accessible to everyone, even me when I log out. But say one of my videos goes viral tomorrow and here I am a little over halfway through a two week ban. Do I get revenue for views I get while I'm banned?