Actors/Actress Pay

Livid

Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
How much should I pay the main actors/actress of my first big production (I'm making a short film)

Kush Patel

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
It purely depends on their skill and your budget. I've seen a lot actors/actresses get paid $100 per day of filming (8 hour days, I presume), but it could be less since it is a short film.

Livid

Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
It purely depends on their skill and your budget. I've seen a lot actors/actresses get paid $100 per day of filming (8 hour days, I presume), but it could be less since it is a short film.
Thank you

Yoursharkfriend

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer
Sometimes, especially if you are a small and beginning film maker, some actors might do it for free, like ones probably in high school or possibly college, because it can look good on their resume and it gives them experience.

Reactions: Livid

Ky Lives

Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
There are heaps of agencies, at least in Australia, who have free models, actors etc as long as you follow their guidelines etc. The talent receives valuable experience, provided in a professional manner and you get to work on your earlier films without spending a fortune. I feel like it's win-win although others may think it's exploitative. There are reputable and terrible agencies out there. It's all a learning experience anyway. Good luck with everything.

Hi!MyNameIsJan

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Cartoonist
If you are looking for high quality it wont be cheap.
But i don´t think you need to spend too much, there are a ton of people who are young and simply looking for experience and fun doing this.