Accused of being a hacker, subcriber buyer, and worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
There seems to be a bug, know or unknown, when you hide your number of subscribers. If you go to my channel on a mobile device, it shows the subscriber account of the LAST channel you were on. I had another channel owner who has his subscriber account hidden try it, it does the same for his channel as well. He actually has 570 subscribers, not 479,000 (see pic below).

Two "competing" channels to mine found this out while trolling my channel, then proceeded to accuse me of "shadowing subscribers", "hacking" and even buying subscribers! Part of more ongoing BS with one of them, he contacted the other guy and convinced him I was some kind of "hacker". I have no doubt they've made complaints to Youtube.

Attachments

• subcriber.count.anomaly.jpg
    subcriber.count.anomaly.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 19
Well if the allocations are not true then I'd make a video for my fans letting them know that I am not any of these things that these guys accuse me of and I apologize for any drama that follows. Then I'd proceed to explain the bug from phone devices if you can recreate it for a video. That would ultimately shut down any of these trolls trying to ruin your Youtube life.

At least that's what comes to my mind about this sort of thing as a step one. Hope that helps.

Well if the allocations are not true then I'd make a video for my fans letting them know that I am not any of these things that these guys accuse me of and I apologize for any drama that follows. Then I'd proceed to explain the bug from phone devices if you can recreate it for a video. That would ultimately shut down any of these trolls trying to ruin your Youtube life.

At least that's what comes to my mind about this sort of thing as a step one. Hope that helps.
Good idea - I am going to do exactly that!
Thanks for the suggestion.[DOUBLEPOST=1512755448,1512753178][/DOUBLEPOST]Wow, look I have 58 million subscribers now, just like Pewdiepie!
This is from an Android stick.

Attachments

• subcriber.count.anomaly.2.jpg
    subcriber.count.anomaly.2.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 15
I'd just ignore it. They could try filing a complaint to Youtube, and then what? The fault is on Youtube's side, not yours. They can't ban you for it, and the trolls would just come out looking dumb in the end. If you made a video about it you would just be giving them attention, and oh boy do they love it.

Here's my video. I replicate the glitch on an Android TV stick.
(Well apparently I can't post a link here, so you'll have to go to my channel - TheArea51Rider)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back