Account Suspended

Triple Res

YouTube Gamer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
We come here today feeling discouraged. We discovered that our account had been suspended on friday. This is two months after we started our channel. Had 106 videos up and 85 subscribers. We have never had a previous strike or warning. Our crime was adding annotations on to the end of all of our videos so people could go next and previous. Why this got us in trouble is cause we did it to fast so it appeared we were trying to farm views. Im here to ask how do we go on from here. Hard to be motivated when all our hard work just got destroyed.

Hulio

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
We come here today feeling discouraged. We discovered that our account had been suspended on friday. This is two months after we started our channel. Had 106 videos up and 85 subscribers. We have never had a previous strike or warning. Our crime was adding annotations on to the end of all of our videos so people could go next and previous. Why this got us in trouble is cause we did it to fast so it appeared we were trying to farm views. Im here to ask how do we go on from here. Hard to be motivated when all our hard work just got destroyed.
Many channels do that with annotations. Why would that get your account suspended? Did you receive some message saying that was why? You said you got in trouble because you added annotations too fast. I'm not sure what that means. And you also say it appeared you trying to farm views. If that just means you trying to get views, that's what every channel does. We need some more information, because that doesn't seem to add up.

Triple Res

YouTube Gamer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
we added annotations on the end of 106 videos within prob a hour. they think we were just refreshing our videos over and over to get more views on our channel.

MOO

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
YouTube's system is really flawed on so many levels. It is quite unfortunate what happened to your account. From what I know, small YouTubers have a hard time appealing a suspension/strike or other things in that category. What I say is don't give up! While it might seem unfair what happened to you (and it probably is) if you really like making YouTube videos (which seems to be the case considering the massive quantity of videos you made in only 2 months) then I say don't give up. Make a new channel and start over and if you have any social media that maybe some subs follow, you can inform them on their about your situation. Good luck to ya!

Solid

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Reviewer
we added annotations on the end of 106 videos within prob a hour. they think we were just refreshing our videos over and over to get more views on our channel.
This is b******t, cant you appeal? No offense to our community, but most of us make s****y content, I actually got a laugh out of you three. Just relaunch the channel, if you cant appeal.
You dont often get that many views on the back of old videos anyway. See if you cant try to contact you old subs, let them know? Be sure to let me know if you do relaunch @Solid_Brass I'll do what little I can to help share.

SvenInMotion

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Oh that sucks. Wait but, did they tell you specifically they suspended your account cos of this or you assumed so?
Have you emailed them and explained the situation?

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Moved to the copyright / legal forum. :)

Sorry to hear what happened but I doubt it's the annotation thing. YouTube ignores views from video manager because it knows it's the creator making changes. It must be something else.

Triple Res

YouTube Gamer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Moved to the copyright / legal forum. :)

Sorry to hear what happened but I doubt it's the annotation thing. YouTube ignores views from video manager because it knows it's the creator making changes. It must be something else.
Crown this is were we messed up. How we were doing it is we had 3 tabs open. We had the video we were working on in the video manager and we had the next/previous video opened in the two other tabs at the same time. So we could just tab over and copy URL and then click next to get the next URL. Really wish we would of thought it through more but we didnt. We have appealed three times and even sent a message just to channel support. The three appeals have came back denied. No answer on the actual support message. They did not say directly say that was the reason but they did not deny it. We have had no previous copy right marks we dont even monetize our videos.

Reactions: Crown

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Crown this is were we messed up. How we were doing it is we had 3 tabs open. We had the video we were working on in the video manager and we had the next/previous video opened in the two other tabs at the same time. So we could just tab over and copy URL and then click next to get the next URL. Really wish we would of thought it through more but we didnt. We have appealed three times and even sent a message just to channel support. The three appeals have came back denied. No answer on the actual support message. They did not say directly say that was the reason but they did not deny it. We have had no previous copy right marks we dont even monetize our videos.

Gotcha - That makes more sense. Ouch, that's still really strict though. :(

Are there ads on the videos? If you weren't using an adblocker while grabbing those URLs, then they may have picked up an abnormally high proportion of ad impressions. That's more likely to be the issue rather than just the views IMHO.

Triple Res

YouTube Gamer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Gotcha - That makes more sense. Ouch, that's still really strict though. :(

Are there ads on the videos? If you weren't using an adblocker while grabbing those URLs, then they may have picked up an abnormally high proportion of ad impressions. That's more likely to be the issue rather than just the views IMHO.
Only ads that would be on the video would be for youtube. We dont monetize our videos so we wouldn't have any ads that would benefit us in any way. We are gonna start over. We have way to much into this to give up lol. We have got ourselves in a good mindset and take this as a lesson and motivation. We are still trying to decide to upload our old videos or just start over completely.

Reactions: Crown