Account suspended. Currently appealing

mrpantaloons

Reaction score
I was running a channel over at Youtube.com/firdornlp with almost 2000 subscribers and over 500,000 views.

The channel was in good standing with no copyright strikes. I didn't receive any mail from Youtube and without warning, to my shock and surprise, I couldn't log into my account anymore. This was followed by a mail telling me that my account, after a thorough review, was suspended due to multiple violations of the community guidelines.

After contacting support I got a response after several hours informing me that the account was found in Violation of TOU #4 Section H of the Youtube Terms, which basically tells me that I am not allowed to use automated systems to gain views. I am fully aware that these practices are not condoned and have not used them. Maybe someone used such a system and view bombed some of my videos? I literally have no idea how to wrap my head around this.

Also, from my research, a response should take at least a few days. I have tried contacting support again to clarify the views issue and shortly after I received a mail letting me know that I already have a pending appeal for my account. So I'm guessing that means that my issue hasn't been fully reviewed yet?

The channel consisted of 2 gaming series and there would be new videos almost on a daily basis. I assume it got banned for spam by the automated system, since the title of the series would be very similar with every new video and the regular uploads.

I really enjoyed running it and was looking forward to the future, but now, knowing that a Youtube channel can be taken down just like that, no questions asked, I don't see any reason why I should even create a new channel and start all over again.

Any thoughts on this and what else could I do to get my channel back?

Acidicfriend

magic music master, crazy commentator guy
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I was running a channel over at Youtube.com/firdornlp with almost 2000 subscribers and over 500,000 views.

The channel was in good standing with no copyright strikes. I didn't receive any mail from Youtube and without warning, to my shock and surprise, I couldn't log into my account anymore. This was followed by a mail telling me that my account, after a thorough review, was suspended due to multiple violations of the community guidelines.

After contacting support I got a response after several hours informing me that the account was found in Violation of TOU #4 Section H of the Youtube Terms, which basically tells me that I am not allowed to use automated systems to gain views. I am fully aware that these practices are not condoned and have not used them. Maybe someone used such a system and view bombed some of my videos? I literally have no idea how to wrap my head around this.

Also, from my research, a response should take at least a few days. I have tried contacting support again to clarify the views issue and shortly after I received a mail letting me know that I already have a pending appeal for my account. So I'm guessing that means that my issue hasn't been fully reviewed yet?

The channel consisted of 2 gaming series and there would be new videos almost on a daily basis. I assume it got banned for spam by the automated system, since the title of the series would be very similar with every new video and the regular uploads.

I really enjoyed running it and was looking forward to the future, but now, knowing that a Youtube channel can be taken down just like that, no questions asked, I don't see any reason why I should even create a new channel and start all over again.

Any thoughts on this and what else could I do to get my channel back?
file a report! you may be able to get it back!

Zerodecoole

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
caesar.wtf
Channel Type
Other
It could probably be mistaken for spam indeed.

When you uploaded a new part of a series did you type it as episode or just use numbers or used the # symbol or anything?
I have no idea if YouTube has an automatic word filter system but I assume that if you used the word episode in your titles, that they would know that it's not spam but a series.

But like @Acidicfriend said, try to file a report. The way you explained it here was totally clear and I'm sure that they would know that it could've been a mistake.

Good luck =)

Reactions: Acidicfriend