Account suspended after 'information within legal request was fraudulent'

videoeditgr

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
We can process claims submitted within the body of an email more quickly than those submitted as a PDF.
this is to fill a claim if someone uses something that belongs to you I think.

And as a pesonal comment if people misuse emails or telephone noumbers or even real addresses (as given) to the public, company will remove quite everything eventually...

:/

sd007

Reaction score
This is the message they sent back;

We’re unable to identify your account based on the information you submitted. Please check your username and email and resubmit.

passtheremote

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Man...I've read 8 pages of this and even I could see from post one he wasn't telling the whole story, Im glad the whole story came out.

Basically sd007 as everyone else has stated, you have broken the ToS, and also the law...the copyright holder could, and keep in mind, they still could do this if you keep on about it. take legal action against you...F.A.C.T iirc states 5 years in year and 50k fine? been a while since I was in cinema to see the fact ads.

yes it may be a short interview and not this summers blockbuster that you have pirated but you have still pirated the interview, and the law doesn't care how big the infraction is (stealing 1p or stealing a billion pounds) its theft at the end of the day.

As others have said the best advise is to "fall on your sword" admit that you have lost the battle.

FInd another video provider and go legit, I'm assuming that you have a social media presence so the act of starting over with another provider will not be that difficult as you tweet/insta/fb your followers to where your new channel is.

sd007

Reaction score
So, have talked to the the company that the strike was from, and they have said they have contacted google's fraudulent department and now I have to wait for an email from them.

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
So, have talked to the the company that the strike was from, and they have said they have contacted google's fraudulent department and now I have to wait for an email from them.
Did the company by any chance, indicate what they told the Copyright and Legal Dept? There is no such thing as "google's fraudulent department".

sd007

Reaction score
How do you know that? They said that they have sent a message off to google, and the fraudulent depart will contact me but there isn’t a time frame because fraudulent cases take longer than they copyright ones.

Bizarre how one of the counter notifications went through, with the exact same information as the other one that got pulled up for ‘fraudulent information’. Makes no sense.

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
How do you know that? They said that they have sent a message off to google, and the fraudulent depart will contact me but there isn’t a time frame because fraudulent cases take longer than they copyright ones.

Bizarre how one of the counter notifications went through, with the exact same information as the other one that got pulled up for ‘fraudulent information’. Makes no sense.
I know that, because I happen to be a Rising Star in the YouTube Contributors' Programme.

There is only the Copyright and Legal Department; and that is where the company has written. The word in this case isn't "fraudulent"; it would be "fraud". Fraud claims always come under the Legal Department arm of any company, as fraud is a criminal offence.

I will eagerly await the outcome of this; as I honestly thought it was over. If you actually happen to scrape through this time, please realize that in the time you've been fighting this battle, the playing field has literally been turned upside down; and you have little chance of survival if you continue to post unlicensed copyright content should you get your channel back.

If you don't believe me, go up to the official Help Forum and have a good look around.

sd007

Reaction score
Okay so as a rising star, do you happen to know how long these cases could take? And also if you know of anyone else to have gone through this? And yes, I think it was the legal department that must’ve been contacted over fraud issues.

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
As I've never seen any dispute of this type go to these lengths, no I don't.

Most people give up at the fraudulent information termination point. You are treading new ground here, and will simply have to have patience; a quality I find many YouTubers have a severe lack of.

They just did a typical Google Move by the way, and changed the name of the Top Contributors' Programme. It's now called the Google Product Expert Programme and I am a Silver Level Product Expert in the area of YouTube.