Accidentally made 23 cents with potentially copyrighted content?

Jenny Lynne

"To live would be an awfully big adventure"
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If someone makes a few cents on something they don't own, is it unlikely that Google will notice? I don't want to lose my ad-sense account when I only just figured out how to get it to work. :-p I would happily give my 23 cents back.

It's my DIY Mario hat video. I thought I took the ad off when I noticed it was there. People on YT seem to think the video is not a copyright issue, but no one was able to explain why not.

Last edited:

babyteeth4

Taking over the world... ...one kid at a time!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If you take down the video and re-edit it and put it back up, you should be fine. Once the video has been taken down they can't punish you.

Jenny Lynne

"To live would be an awfully big adventure"
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
OMG that made me laugh. :) Do you think making it private be okay for taking it down, if I don't put it public again? I don't want to lose all of those views.

JeriKane

s h o o k e t h
Reaction score
Moved this to Copyright, Claims, Strikes & Legal Discussion.

I really need to think of a shorter version of that. Double C, SLD. :/ That's terrible. I'll keep thinking.

babyteeth4

Taking over the world... ...one kid at a time!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
OMG that made me laugh. :) Do you think making it private be okay for taking it down, if I don't put it public again? I don't want to lose all of those views.
From a legal standpoint making it private doesn't wash your hands of it, but realistically that would probably work. Or, you can just leave the whole thing up and cross your fingers...one strike won't kill you.

Reactions: Jenny Lynne