About Page Email For Business Inquiries

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
There's a nifty feature on your YouTube About tab which is quite new which makes your email address less discoverable for spiders and those harvesting YouTube for email addresses to spam and form mailing lists from. Your email is now much better protected when you use the Email For Business Inquiries feature.

Not only will it hide your email from potential spammers but it also will soon become the first place businesses look to get in contact with you so if you have or could have businesses getting in touch regarding sponsorships or to review their products make sure to have yours filled in so they can find it easily as they might not want to read a long about section/channel descriptions.

To add your email to your about page previously you would type it directly into the about section but now we simply visit our About tab, hover the lower about section, click the edit pencil icon and type our email in the Email For Business Inquiries field and hit done when done, very simple.

business-email-youtube-about.jpg business-email-youtube-about-captcha.jpg business-email-youtube-about-page.jpg business-email-youtube-about-page2.jpg

Once done your email is protected by a captcha human verification and all visitors to your about who want to see your email address must enter the captcha first, only then is it revealed to them.

This is a great way to put up your email address without the worry of ending up getting spammed and have it readily available for when someone comes looking for it. The great thing is you don't need to have a website or registered business to use this feature and you can use your Gmail account instead so if you have an extra Gmail account just for business use you can use that there instead.

Try it out yourself if you want your email up there :)

WolfWraith

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
Ah this is awesome, I've been meaning to find out whether it had inbuilt spam protection, I assumed as much but saw nothing to indicate it till now.

Reactions: Michael