About mobile live streaming?

ilikepstrophies

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
So I go to do a mobile live stream to check it out on my second channel, which has about 20 subscribers and several videos, and the option to 'go live' isn't there in the app. I switch over to my main channel of 5300 and I DO have the option to live stream on the app. I go on the computer on my second channel and everything looks OK am approved to livestream (whether that's mobile live stream to be determined).
So my question is what is the criteria for mobile live stream now? Is it everyone or is the subscriber count been lowered from 10k to let's assume 1k now. Finding an article on the web about this only points to Youtube opening mobile live streaming to most everyone but leave it vague after that.
Do you have the 'Go Live' option in the app and how many subscribers do you have, I'm looking to see if others with under 100 have the option or not so we can debunk this.[DOUBLEPOST=1489974073,1489930714][/DOUBLEPOST]I guess my title wasn't clickbait enough huh?

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'm not sure if this is true but I think you have to have 100 subscribers, I'm not 100% sure I wouldn't know because i have over 2,000 subscribers. I hope you find out the problem soon and good luck with your channel!

Dismal Bliss

www.BDRC.tv
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
When YouTube debuted it's mobile live streaming solution, it was initially only available to creators with over 10,000 subscribers, with the intention to roll it out to smaller channels in the near future. I believe that currently you have to have 1000 subscribers to live stream from your mobile device.

Of course, anybody can live stream from a PC as far as I know.

TylersMagic

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I currently have 132 subscribers and I do not have the option to live stream from the YouTube app. I believe you need 100 subscribers to be able to live stream, but currently you need more subscribers to be able to live stream from the YouTube app. Although I think you might be able to download a non-YouTube app that will allow you to live stream from a mobile device.