About ads

Yakov Takser

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Is it good to do ads at the Beginning of the channels ill be thankfull if you can telk me the advantages and the disadvantages thank you.

The NotARubicon!

NotARubicon Productions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
Some people will tell you yes. Other people will tell you no.
I dont think there is a right or a wrong.
For most new videos that I post, I don't enable ads. My theory is that it is more likely to get watched/shared without any ads on it, especially the video ads at the beginning. A week or so later I go in and enable them.

Reactions: Yakov Takser

sanitary103

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think that b/c everyone virtually places ads on their videos, it wouldn't hurt to. Your audience is more likely to be annoyed and click away from boring content rather than a few pre roll ads.

Reactions: Yakov Takser

Yakov Takser

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think that b/c everyone virtually places ads on their videos, it wouldn't hurt to. Your audience is more likely to be annoyed and click away from boring content rather than a few pre roll ads.
Thanks.

PositivelyBrainwashed

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
I didn't turn on my ads until 6 months in with 4k subscribers. because I thought it would scare my audience away. I didn't notice any differences in my view to subscribe ratio. If anything I lost hundreds cuz I didn't turn it on sooner. I think most viewers by now have accepted ads as part of Youtube. There is also a theory that Youtube is more likely to promote videos with ads as their goal is to generate more money.

MattyGreen

Music and Mess...
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I see it as those who don't want to view ads have an ad blocker and those who don't care wouldn't notice or be bothered by you having ads on your video. So go with it from the start and begin counting the pennies!

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
YouTube have also added the following text to the pre-roll ads "This ad helps support your favourite YouTubers" (or something like that) which helps in educating the viewers into the importance of the ads.